The weekly: Greece to default/restructure THIS weekend? thread

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TGregg, Aug 19, 2011.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Changed the title. :D

#31     Aug 23, 2011
  2. Well, I'm glad. No news is good news.

#32     Aug 23, 2011
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Greek two years are trading at awesome levels. Maybe I was wrong by a week.

#33     Aug 24, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

except for martinghoul, who enjoys being bitchy, but at least can be tolerated because he is knowledgeable, people who use obscure acronyms are usually clueless and trying to hide it.
    sdrm- Sovereign Debt Restructuring Mechanism

#34     Sep 7, 2011
  5. m22au

m22au

SocGen was quite weak between 9.30am ET and 11.30am ET today.

Not sure if this is relating to fears of mark-to-market on its Greek assets, or just general fears about the bank overall.

Even now it is only at 5.50 x 5.54 (US ADR illiquid compared to French listing), up about 2% compared to a much stronger bank sector.

#35     Sep 7, 2011
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

7. morganist

morganist Guest

No. I just used it to shorten it.

I think the main problem with the current system is it has a huge maturity payout. If they included the principal repayments with the interest payments it would make the payment more flexible.

I don't know if that would work in Greece but other countries Britain for example could benefit.

Also my main gripe is that the repayment is based principal investment. This is not viable as global production declines.

#37     Sep 7, 2011
  8. #38     Sep 7, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday and everyone thought I was being an idiot. The top of the page clearly said value not yield or interest. Thus I thought it was a discounted bond price rather than the yield.

It turns out that the Greek economy is so bad it might as well be a yield. LMAO.

#39     Sep 7, 2011
  10. It's a "yield"in reality.....all the smart people know what the hell is going on with Greece.

Let the chips fall where they may with the Sheepole.

#40     Sep 7, 2011