The Week Ahead (Apr. 14-18)...Do you really understand how serious...read this...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Apr 11, 2008.

1. On the 15th I'm buying with both hands.

:) ...and again May 8

#11     Apr 12, 2008
  2. jhithers

jhithers

If you are a trader, you should be looking forward to the potential opportunities as they come - short or long. From the way you titled this thread, it seems you are a bit concerned - so I assume you are not a trader. If you are long all of the issues listed above, then I see your cause for concern. But even as an investor that would be a poor strategy.

I suggest you diversify, or hedge your positions. Best of luck.

#12     Apr 12, 2008
  3. Careful what you say buddy. We're not all assholes downunder.:cool:

#13     Apr 12, 2008
  4. The way out of the mess, at this point, is to provide real relief and reform. The tax rebate is too small, and it will only be used to pay down debt, not for new spending. More relief: permit homeowners the option to modify their ARM's and their option ARM's BEFORE they reset--remember 2009/2010 will be the last period for the major resets. At this time, 30-year fixed mortgages are reasonably priced, so allow borrows (ones that live in their primary residences--not second homes or investors) to convert to the 30-year fixed mortgages. This would provide a ton of relief. Now, reform. First, tax reform. I like the flat tax. Second, either eliminate or greatly reduce corporate taxes to equal or beat other countries' rates. And as a trade-off, raise the minimum wage to 15-20 per hour (living wage). I would prefer to eliminate corporate taxes and go with the living wage. by doing this, everyone wins. The mortgage business needs to license mortgage brokers...in addition, standards for borrowing need to be raised (the credit mess in the 20's was the major cause of the bear market/depression). Health care. I have given this a great deal of thought. I am a retired dentist. I beleive that everyone should be entitled to group health insurance, but not employer-based. It should be regionally based. For example, create 5-6 geographically based regions. Suppose you live in Calif. You would be part of the Pacific Region. Insurance companies would compete for business by region. Everyone would receive the equivalent of group health insurance, preferably PPO style. How do we pay for this? Instead of having the employer withhold various premium payments, everyone would pay a standard premium deducted and sent to the regional insurance company. The standard premium will be based on cost of living (PCE or CPI) within the given region. Anyway, just some thoughts.

#14     Apr 12, 2008
  5. Sorry-but that poster was.:)

#15     Apr 12, 2008
  6. tetuan01

tetuan01

Since everyone seems to think the market will tank next week, I exept them to end the week with a gain.

#16     Apr 12, 2008
  7. bbcmoney

bbcmoney

I suspect the entire situation is much worse than they are saying.

Myself, I am concerned not just for the markets, but for the long term financial future of the US and the globe.

I have not yet dug my hole in the earth, but am being very conservative now.

:(

#17     Apr 12, 2008
  8. big week>>>>> may tell us how the rest of the year will go

#18     Apr 12, 2008
  9. "Careful what you say buddy. We're not all assholes downunder."

Hahahaha yea Australia is a real crappy place full of losers with no money

#19     Apr 12, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

this coming week will be flat to up , its the following week that will be down hard.

bgp

#20     Apr 12, 2008