The Wealth and Power Of the US Is Being Transferred.....Solution?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 12, 2008.

1. libertad,

"McBush, Bush, Cheney, and possibly even Obama have got it wrong...."

How can you make this assertion when you are not a party to the plan.

regards
    f9

#31     Jul 13, 2008
  2. Excellent Commentary, fearless9

Exactly....what you may want to do to satisfy this curiosity is to read some recent Zoelleck commentary, and then research what organizations these people have in common....with the attached rosters....going back for years.....It is somewhat like a big country club.....

In other words, you can do this type of reseach....and then try to put yourself in their shoes....and then compare/contrast to pertinent events as they unfold....

Care less about what people say.....use common sense....and just observe what is actually occurring....

#32     Jul 13, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

America needs a big wave of protest about how the Gummint has been (and apparently intends to continue) doing business.

The only real chance we had was for a very high profile person to get into position to capture the populace's attention and explain what needs to be done.

If Ron Paul had won the presidency, he could possibly have been such a person... now were left with "bidness as usual".

:mad:

#33     Jul 13, 2008
  4. The solution for the US is to learn adjusting while taking a little moderate pain over time.

Instead they choose tax-cuts and stupid populist celebrity-ridden consumer protectionism. It seems US politics is preaching to a lollipop bubble-gum chewing McD-addicts with extra large cokes audience ...

The famous ostrich strategy, and sticking their asses up in the air.

They could learn to work with the new globalized economy and stronger dynamics instead of going the line of protectionism trying to plug all the holes of capital escaping their claws. The US economy needs a leadership who truly do have a capitalist mind updated for the 21st century. Instead of looking for conflict based on their old and worn tactics, they should be looking for new and emerging opportunities.

There is so much positive happening around the world, and it seems the US is missing out on a lot of the benefits. If someone a bit less controlled by the US establishment trying to protect their interests could see the new fertile grounds instead of trying to protect the old dinosaurs like someone trying to thwart railroads for the continued use of water channels for transport ... it's the same age-old battle of the conservatives trying to avoid bleeding when there are new markets, technologies and dynamics emerging. It's the same greed that always blinded those with might and set in their ways.

A more moderate line where letting go of some areas of control while expanding and moving on to new and more promising venues - that's what's needed. Instead we see a desperation in trying to cling to oil reserves that in some future years will dry up anyways. The boon of having a better educated world population and truly working international commerce would mean one huge market, but instead we see dirty tactics and sabotaging where there is absolutely no trust given by either sides.

It seems capitalism is on the downfall, while nationalism is growing stronger by conflict-shapers.

#34     Jul 13, 2008
  5. Excellent Commentary, Gringinho

Gringinho wrote....

The solution for the US is to learn adjusting while taking a little moderate pain over time.

Instead they choose tax-cuts and stupid populist celebrity-ridden consumer protectionism. It seems US politics is preaching to a lollipop bubble-gum chewing McD-addicts with extra large cokes audience ...

The famous ostrich strategy, and sticking their asses up in the air.

They could learn to work with the new globalized economy and stronger dynamics instead of going the line of protectionism trying to plug all the holes of capital escaping their claws. The US economy needs a leadership who truly do have a capitalist mind updated for the 21st century. Instead of looking for conflict based on their old and worn tactics, they should be looking for new and emerging opportunities.

There is so much positive happening around the world, and it seems the US is missing out on a lot of the benefits. If someone a bit less controlled by the US establishment trying to protect their interests could see the new fertile grounds instead of trying to protect the old dinosaurs like someone trying to thwart railroads for the continued use of water channels for transport ... it's the same age-old battle of the conservatives trying to avoid bleeding when there are new markets, technologies and dynamics emerging. It's the same greed that always blinded those with might and set in their ways.
    ..................................................................................................

Outstanding commentary......

The issue is time and implementation......

15% National Sales Tax....no other taxes

Internet Government , State by State....no more elections....the most qualified get the jobs.....form objectives...accomplish them....no more Democrats and Republicans....

Eliminate legal largesse

Let the chips fall where they may.........all of the chips....

Otherwise....the US will continually be herded like cattle.....

#35     Jul 13, 2008
  6. Exactly libertad exactly and this is what I meant when I said that you are not a party to plan.
    The globalisation plan I am afraid does not have your best interests at heart.
    This is the reality that middle america is struggling to come to terms with.

regards
    f9

#36     Jul 13, 2008
  7. Humpy

Humpy

Back in the last century it was Europe struggling, with the US as the brash kid taking over. Now it's your turn with China etc. coming up fast. Your country has suddenly got old and tired. The greed and fear system isn't winning any more. The world has had it's fill of US crap culture of sex and violence. The US has been top and blown it. Largely thanks to that pillock in the White House.
    The 9 to 5 "slugs" are now in top Government and business positions. Can you bomb your way out of it ? I don't think so. Can't even keep the lid on Baghdad.
    Sometimes the circumstances are not in one's favour. All the more reason not to give up or employ farcical Nationalist solutions.
    Life can be a bit like a tug-of-war. Dig in and hold before the next big pull.
    Or to put it another way - learn from your mistakes , adapt and change.
    The oil problem has just brought to the surface the US's problems. Mostly self made !!
    Self pity aaaaaaaaaaaah
    Don't start blubbing - that really cracks me up

#37     Jul 13, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

Gnome,

I've always respected you, your one of the very few people in ET that are worth reading.

After reading this thread I still think you of all people need to stand up and FIGHT more.

I'm "almost" as pissed off as you are and I'm just some schmuck from Canada but I realize the implications of the current state of affairs as much as you do.

IF I were an American I would be losing my mind right now and taking my fight to the streets.

I know you said you need to pick your fights BUT this current Gummit (as you like to call them) is the most dangerous threat the US has ever faced.

Bush has sold you all out and as a Vet you of all people will be respected and listened too, not these friggin, cry baby, whining, house rich, status quo Americans who don't want to rock the boat. !!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

#38     Jul 13, 2008
  9. bstay

bstay

10. Those who wish to characterize the problems the US faces as 'self made' should learn a little history before spouting off.

Granted, the paucity of education has gotten the US into its current mess, however it has not occured in a vacuum. The much vaunted educational systems of Europe have been just as effective at dumbing down the masses.

A concerted effort of returning the aberation known as the United States to the world slavery system has been made since 1913 and the cracks are finally becoming so evident that few can ignore it.

The English have ignored that their nominally Protestant land was usurped by German nobility and the Bank of England/Vatican cartel under Rothschild et al...what of it?

Amazing that all of the nominally western Protestant lands are now enmeshed in a 'war against terrorism' so that the real terrorists may bastardize them from within.

Now that the Pope has completed his latest victory lap and his agens are crowing and cackling to themselves it will be interesting to see what happens.

Just don't try to delude yourselves into believing you are any better than we...it happened to you long before us. And the story is not yet concluded.

#40     Jul 13, 2008