The weak dollar rally begins

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Sep 30, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

Hey at least the guy can admit when he was wrong. Most people would have come back with a new username.

#11     Sep 30, 2008
  2. rros

rros

In your analysis, I see too may assumptions that are not grounded anywhere. For one, oil price coming down strongly will have a direct impact on the trade balance. Even when exports will diminish due to a global slow down, imports will do so even more. Just this will strengthen the dollar, not otherwise. What remains to be seen is if this diminishing trade gap is the result of a global slowdown that dumpens oil price or a more sinister framework where the US consumer is totally toast. The latter will deflate no matter what.

#12     Sep 30, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

Welcome back!

#13     Sep 30, 2008
  4. sumosam

sumosam

Trade much?

#14     Sep 30, 2008
  5. Trader,

People here were happy you left because your posts were so damn obnoxious. You sounded like Kudlow Jr, bullish no matter how bearish the data was, and then you'd keep saying 'told you so' or "I know markets" when the markets went up. When they went down you'd counter with"my stocks are OK".

You are obviously a young kid who has not been around markets much. Keep an open mind that markets go both ways, and go light on the obnoxious posts, and you're welcome here.

BTW, our economy is just beginning to enter a scary recession, and you are dead wrong (I am an economist bro, so PM me if ya want my longer term view). That said, the markets will bottom way before the recession does. We may bounce here, but we have at least one more big down leg, and then a slow crawl back up.

#15     Oct 1, 2008
  6. Agree 100%. "I know how stocks w3rk" was the most stupid statement in the history of stupid statements. And yes, he'd always say he was ok or he just wouldn't show his face until the market turned.

#16     Oct 1, 2008
  7. You are a MORON.

Great timing on your return. Look at the ISM and Prices Paid indexes data that was just released @ 10:00 am est.

The recession is here and there is no doubt.

#17     Oct 1, 2008
  8. very good chance for a long term $ rally as well. its all relative to other countries. Europe is screwed, and the UK even worse. I've been a dollar bull for quite some time. A big bailout, IF it happens, will flood the markets with dollars, but I believe it will be a short term drop in the dollar. not only is the dollar way over sold, it is in the interest of the Rest of World to keep the dollar from cratering. Until it is no longer the fiat world currency, and the US the consumers from Mars, it is not going to collapse. The econ writers in the media almost always get long term economics wrong. This is a good example.

#18     Oct 1, 2008
  9. hey stock turd...
    everyone loses and sometimes we lose badly...
    but when you dig your heels in, you can lose it ALL...

You clearly don't understand the current economic progression or global environment. Your rose coloured glasses have been cracked and smashed...go to the eye doctor...

Once you get your new bifocals...

Read up on the naked shorting, the Enron Loophole, and how the big banks gamed the system. The Dollar has no where to go but up in the short run...AND, when it stops rising (about 3-6 months), it will collapse...and that won't be good for anyone...corporate profits will shit the bed and we'll all be surfing our Iphones in the bread lines...

Any reason why Campbell stock was one of the few companies to rise on Monday's decline?

Soup kitchens...

#19     Oct 1, 2008

10. Well, you have it all figured out don't you.

#20     Oct 1, 2008