The War Party in Disarray

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 22, 2006.

1. You can thank your fellow political correct lefties for the world of not being able to say anything to anyone without being labeled something.

#11     Mar 23, 2006
  2. Israel screamed anti Semite when criticized long before the concept of political correctness came into fashion.

#12     Mar 23, 2006
  3. Hmm, not really, their actions are not justified becasuse "they are Israel". Their actions are justifies because they are a 5 mln people occupying 0.5% of the region's territory and surrounded by 300 million arabs hell-bent on driving them into the sea.

Their actions are justified because they've been at war for more than 65 years, ALL their neighbors invaded them several times in the past and are committed to doing it again in the future with the explicit objective of wiping Israel off the map.

#13     Mar 23, 2006
  4. Yes, yes. But let's, just for the sake of argument, agree with Zzz that the republicans are the "War Party". That of course would make the Democrats - the Appeasement Party, which fits many of them all too well.

#14     Mar 23, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

So true Nick. Here's the rub though. Many on the left are duplicitous idiots. I at least give Z credit for being anti Iraq war and not pro-Israel. What bugs me most is the screwed up logic of many American Jews like dddooo. His view in capsule

A. Israel should be defended vigorously.

B. Saddam was funding/training Palestinian terrorists.

C. Bush is the worst POS ever because he disposed Saddam.

Now that folks is one illogical argument yet American Jewry makes that argument 24/7. Makes you wonder how a humble artist from Vienna was able to kill millions eh? If dddoo lived in Nazi Germany his logic would be:

A. Hitler is a threat to Jews

B. I'm a Jew

C. Therefore, long live Hitler.

#15     Mar 23, 2006
  6. For the record, I am neither pro or con Israel, my wish is that people understand that their shit stinks just as badly as their neighbors.

#16     Mar 23, 2006
  7. Deposed him, too.

Congrats on moderatorship, Pabst. (Does this mean it's open season on ZZzz? :))

#17     Mar 24, 2006