The War on Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Bickz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. jem

jem

you made the pathetic thesis - now back it up.

You are the troll whole spews venom at white christians on a routine and systematic basis. You are the one that needs to become more human.

#51     Nov 13, 2008
  2. Actually, what you are doing here is a typical atheistic trick.
    You are promoting atheism, without even realizing it.
    To you, there is no God beyond the gOd which makes this world.
    That pretty much defines atheism.
    You are supporting this world by idolizing its maker.
    That pretty much defines idolatry.
    You are postulating a false dichotomy.
    You are postulating a false-false as true-false by fighting for confusion.
    This is a trick.
    It supports a confusing world.
    You are sowing confusion.
    So you are confused.

Jesus

#52     Nov 13, 2008
  3. I would like to chime in support to the above post from user "I am..."

There is a clear distinction in posts and content from those who have some insight into philosophy, and those who are simply social thumpers without a clue about what is really the significance of faith, religion and society - or even more generally a holistic world view and belief system. It is very much the centrepoint for us humans, and how you use it forms much of society and your surroundings - in fact most of your interactions.

#53     Nov 13, 2008
  4. stu

stu

You support I am for not doing what you support !?

I am.. is putting forward his own version of philosophy which for one thing arbitrarily defines atheism (sounds a lot like social thumping), does unto others what it says others do , (postulates a false-false as true-false, anything which is really real, is not real ) , whilst all the time telling everyone - even after advocating that kind of a quirky insight into philosophy - they are confused (the old 'everyone's out of step but me and a few other new age hippies' world view)
    You surprise me. I thought you had a better grip on all this religion malarkey.

#54     Nov 13, 2008
  5. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...tians+preach+hate&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=christian+intolerance&btnG=Search

Once excerpt from the above millions of hits:

"What causes the hateful, judgmental rhetoric associated with radical religions like the Conservative Christians and Islamic Taliban? A quote: "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." -Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue - The News-Sentinel, Fort Wayne, Indiana. 8-16-93

When you are done with that, I will be happy to provide even more evidence...

#55     Nov 13, 2008
  6. Then why didn't Christ forgive the moneychangers? Is he inconsistent in his selective cheek turning towards transgressors?

Are you Mexican or are you throwing your hat into the ring to be considered for the 2nd coming?

#56     Nov 13, 2008
  7. Pretty much...

I would not get into a definition war with you since that would lend credence to whatever it is you think is real at the moment.

Forgiveness is for the one who forgives. This is the primary motive. It's for helping to let go of what was previously thought to be real, hence, important, true...worthy of fear or punishment. This is ongoing every waking hour until the apparition of reality [illusion, maya] is gone from one's experience. It does not wait for apparitions to slap, insult...whatever. It let's go of guilt...before the belief in guilt is manifested [slap, insult] within the illusion. Should those manifest, the process is repeated until they no longer manifest. In this way, forgiveness is for protection and deliverance from evil.

Understand this: the world appears in your experience because you believe in guilt, you, as part of the one mind that believes itself guilty, and makes the world to prove it. The world is for obliterating the truth of GoD...the truth about innocence...the truth about reality. That is why support for it is the same as atheism.

I've defined atheism in a way that most efficiently assists anyone interested in forgiving to let go of the world. The world is not real. Everything else I may say about it is not to support it, but to help understand why anyone would want to forgive it.

Bickz may or may not benefit from such wisdom any time soon. What he does pretty much defines atheism. The motive for sharing such information is for my own process, and anyone else who wants to be wise about an otherwise confusing world.

Attacks inform the one who is attacked that he still believes in guilt...and that is why he is attacked. So he renews his process of letting go, intensifies it, makes it more efficient. Forgiveness takes responsibility for one's experiences, and returns to each one's awareness that he is "Lord" and "Master"...of illusions...or of reality. If the Lord forgives and is crucified, it would not hurt. To apparitions who think themselves less than Lord, the experience would hurt like hell. I repeat: forgiveness is for Self protection.

Jesus

#57     Nov 13, 2008
  8. No I am not who you are thinking.

The moneychanger story is a parable. I did forgive the moneychangers. That's how I turned the tables on their apparent reality and evicted them...from my mind.

The temple is the symbol of one mind. The true purpose of such mind is oneness and communion with GoD. The world is a thought within the mind of the Son of God, which seems to destroy it...driving him mad with guilt. The world is a counterfeit gOd, which, if true, would turn the tables on reality. The world represents a great reversal of reality. The world is a foreigner in the temple of GoD with ungodly purposes, speaking for GoD with an ungodly tongue. It sets itself up as reality itself, exchanging innocence for guilt at a high price. Forgiveness turns the tables over, and reverses the reversal.

Each one is responsible for clearing his own temple. The story is told as if I cleared the Jew's temple. No. It is a parable that says I cleared my own temple. Clearing the temple comes before resurrection...awakening.

Jesus

#58     Nov 13, 2008
  9. No, I honestly don't have an idea who or what you are. I'm never going to buy that you are in fact the second coming though you're either being fatecious with me or really believe you are. How could I tell?

From some of your constructions you seem to me to be an elaborate computer program. By now work in AI would have come much further along than some of the more well publicized demonstrations of AI of past years. I can only assume. I'd Turing
    Test you but can't offhand think of a question that would be up to
    a level where I would delude myself that I could compete with the best AI might offer in the twenty-first century.

I saw the movie, you did turn over some tables and chairs before you forgave anyone.

#59     Nov 13, 2008
  10. Wallet

Wallet

How do you know he didn't forgive the money changers? He drove them out of the temple because they were making a mockery of it by overcharging for sacrificial animals, hence stealing by the airs of religion. The bible says nothing about damnation or forgiveness.

If you study the life of Jesus you will find that he never retaliated for injustice done to Him, but he was always warning about abuse to others (widows, orphans).

#60     Nov 13, 2008