The War on Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Bickz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. "christianity" is a con for the millenia. DO some research of the lies and crimes of "christianity", Jesus would turn in his grave if he knew.....read Gibbon 's "the rise and fall of the roman empire" and it will tell you all about "christianity" and the cons and lie they perpetrated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_History_of_the_Decline_and_Fall_of_the_Roman_Empire
    here is some excerpt;
    "Jesus' teaching was hijacked by the Constantine backed church/state that wished a new religion, a passive one that will not revolt. Most of his teachings were altered some of the books that should have been included in the Bible were omitted on purpose. This was the biggest crime of known history. Not something unique to prophets in general but the extent of the omissions and lies about Jesus' teachings were paramount to a crime of unheard in history. It is my goal to set the record straight and find willing and receptive ears"

Jesus was the most remarkable esoteric teacher in human history.
    Unfortunately he is the most misunderstood of them all. Jesus and Apollonius of Tyana both did remarkable feats, healed the sick, they were clairvoyant and prolific Esoteric Teachers of the Ancient Wisdom.
    Interestingly from these two Masters Apollonius' name is all but forgotten by the masses. Why is this?
    Jesus died on the cross and Apollonius of Tyana disappeared after sensed that persecution is foreboding. This death on the cross that made Jesus the most talked about and most misunderstood of the two.
    When Constantine had his wholesale conversion of the Roman Empire into Christianity (after and before the Council of Nicea) he had to come up with some new ideas from the historical facts in order to make the new religion more palatable to the masses.
    The Council of Nicea was important for several reasons. Beside bringing together church leaders, the council was the first time that church and state had melded. Constantine, via his position as head of the council, was the first to assert political power over the Christian Church. And, many church laws were formed at the Council. Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code discusses the council as the time at which Jesus was declared more than just a charismatic prophet.
    Despite the "Da Vinci Code" popularity I suspect very few people cognitive about that indeed Jesus was VOTED into a “Son of God” status by a slim margin.
    The declaration of the Son of God has special meaning. The masses that questioned the logic behind Christianity by asking “what prophet would allow his execution especially when he had the powers such as Jesus did” and “What God would allow his son to be murdered by a fickle and hysterical mob?” had to be satisfied. To answer all these nagging questions the new Church/State declared that Jesus died for your sins. This idea at least had some cohesion and logic behind it. The reality is that all Teachers have a theme and Jesus’ teaching was Love and Sacrifice.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
    As you all know best teaching is by example. When the authorities came to take Jesus away they came for the whole group. The twelve disciples were to meet the same fate on the cross. This makes sense since the whole movement was to be eliminated and extinguished as they authorities feared riots and the Romans to step in. So when the men came in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus stepped forward and asked them
    “Whom do you seek?” this direct confrontation made these men stop in their tracks. I imagine the force of the voice and Jesus reputation must have helped. These armed men who came to take the whole group away, answered. “We seek Jesus of Nazareth.” “I am he. You came for me, now let these men be” and the disciples ran forth into a dozen directions, some naked.
    Dogma
    The Church crystallized the falsehoods and dogmas about sin, redemption and Jesus’ new status as God incarnate. With all this the church would later sell redemption notes and decide what sins require what penance (in terms of hail marries or other prayers). The reality is no incarnation of God exists or has ever existed.
    Let me suggest that something that is pure, infinite and omniscient is "only" just that. By taking the form of matter it becomes something that it (the infinite, how can that be?) was not before...
    Let me ellaborate...
    There must an understanding of the Infinite and Transcendental Principle first. For something to be pure and omniscient it is required to take no carnal form or be of matter as matter by definition is finite and hence cannot be denigrated as "Godly or Divine in Form".
    Conclusion
    Despite the convenience of ‘do as you please as long as you confess on Sunday’ - Jesus’ death does not lift your Karma. Everybody needs to account for his/hers deeds. If you think about it - it make perfect sense. If it is too good to be true – is usually is…

#41     Nov 13, 2008
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Peter an apostle of Jesus, healed the sick and brought back people from the dead, but peter would never claim equality from actions.

It's not Jesus' death that made Him different, nor speaks to His divinity more the fact that he arose from the grave.

You can debate it till the cow comes home, it will not solve anything, it's a matter of Faith.

Yes any one who brow beats another of their sin in the name of religion is wrong. You can denounce the action but not the person.

#42     Nov 13, 2008
  3. HOw is that possible as it Holy Scripture that like my minister, I select a passage and read it to the congregation or in this case a small group of ETrs.

Are you saying there is "bad" scripture?

Please let us know.

If someone refers to scripture, why is it always regarded as a sign of piety but not when I post something you apparently don't like.

S

#43     Nov 13, 2008
  4. Here is a nice writeup on the "War on Christianity"

"In Today's Culture, Do You See Evidence of a War on Christianity?

Voices
    Friday, May 5, 2006; 1:43 PM

No. A cultural "war on Christianity" is a social construct dreamed up by right-wing "Christians" who need to operate and motivate out of fear in the absence of sound biblical interpretation and authentic community ethos.

The real threat to Christianity today -- the authentic and ancient belief in Jesus's message of reconciliation, hospitality, and peace -- is a self-concerned evangelism that is captive to an atomistic idea of the Gospel and a market-driven model of individual choice -- the very individualism that conservative social critics deplore in other contexts."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/05/AR2006050500952.html

I've a number of friends who make these statements and when I ask them to back it up, they are pretty silent except for the ACLU lawsuits and a few movies.

Peace,
    Seneca

btw-for the record, I go to church often, help out with programs, and have stimulating discussions with my minister on topics like these. We don't always agree, but he lets me know plain and clear that the efforts of the AMERICAN TALIBAN (his words for the religious right, not mine) are HARMING Christianity in the USA and causing a decline of the number of members in his church. And it numbers in the thousands, has 13 or 14 buildings, and covers several acres.

#44     Nov 13, 2008
  5. The right wing Christians spend more time in invoking fear among their flock than they do in invoking faith and love in God.

Something is very wrong with this picture...

#45     Nov 13, 2008
  6. Nice of you to define the atheists you have a beef with as the ones who dare to speak up and criticize religion or Christianity. Then, those who say nothing - you say they have gotten a "bad wrap." Are you for real - how insane can you get?

Also - Christmas - do you have the foggiest idea what Christmas is about, where the Christmas tree comes from and what it symbolizes, why the festive gluttony of Christmas is going on? You are as void of history as of any insight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

#46     Nov 13, 2008
  7. jem

jem

like a troll like you would take the time and see what is being taught in Christian churches by Christian pastors.

What... you going to point to a couple televangelists.

You are so full of hate - you care not one iota for facts.

#47     Nov 13, 2008
  8. You post like a child trying to get attention.

Putting out scripture as if the content is bad when in most case it is actually the opposite, and it is quite obvious you do not comprehend the historical context or the purpose.

The more you say, the more pitiful you become. Seriously.

You are not winning any intellectual points here. You are just reinforcing the fact that the only one who thinks your posts have meaning, is yourself.

These are exceptionally appropriate in your case:

Prov 14:8 "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception."

Prov 1:22 "How long will you simple nes love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?"

Prov 10:8 "The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin."

#48     Nov 13, 2008
  9. The truth of what I say really bothers you, doesn't it?

As a good Christian, it should.

Now if you want to try and dispute what I am saying with facts, that will just make it easier for me to link to quotes by Christians who use fear to control the flock, preaching fear, not love of God, not tolerance of others and their beliefs, and certainly not good will among men.

#49     Nov 13, 2008
  10. Good point.

You are missing the point.

Forgiveness questions the reality of this world. If you fight, you are implying that the unreal is real. Likewise, if you hold a grudge, you are making guilt real. But guilt is an unreal concept supported by an unreal world. Support the world and you support guilt. You fight because you are afraid. But fear is also an unreal concept which supports the world. Fearmongering supports the world. I say, "Fear not".

The world is passing away because it is not real.
    Do you want to be ahead of the curve or behind the eight ball?

Jesus

#50     Nov 13, 2008