The Wall of Stupid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

You're not even American, what do you care? Let us American rule on what's best for America.

#51     Jan 4, 2019
    exGOPer likes this.
  2. TJustice

TJustice

A specious reply if I ever saw one.
    Even if you were to say the people share Federal Lands. The point is keep non american's out and funnel them through and orderly immigration process if they are not criminals. Non Americans don't own Federal land.

#52     Jan 4, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Because equating private property to a country is not specious at all.

#53     Jan 4, 2019
  4. TJustice

TJustice

I commented on your specious response.
    The metaphor is solid.

You own private property and choose to exclude other people with a fence and will let people in by invitation.

We as people wish to exclude others and will let them in by invitation if they follow the legal process.

#54     Jan 4, 2019
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Except you don't own the country. You can keep acting like it though.

#55     Jan 4, 2019
  6. TJustice

TJustice

Non sequitur after dreck.

I never said or acted like I own the country. To the contrary... earlier this morning I wrote that we need to get the money out of politics so our votes mean something.

#56     Jan 4, 2019
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

In a democracy the citizens "own" the country... at least in theory.

This means the citizens should have a say on who (non-citizens) is allowed to enter their country and the barriers, both legal and physical, put up to their entry.

Those who don't even know who is in their country don't own their country.

#57     Jan 4, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Technically a democracy dictates the direction of the country, not ownership. The majority's said they don't want the wall, so I don't see why you'd be counter to democracy.

#58     Jan 4, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's non-sequitur because the guy you're defending started it with a non-sequitur analogy....which I pointed out.

#59     Jan 4, 2019
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

From where I sit the majority does not disagree with a fence or wall. The polls have been all over the place over time; depending on the polling organization you can find support or no support.

CBS Poll: 51% Of Americans Support Border Wall, Major Support For Family Deportations
    https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-...pport-building-or-trying-to-build-border-wall

#60     Jan 4, 2019
    Wallet likes this.