The VP Debate "Moderator" - Unbiased?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Oct 1, 2008.

Is Gwen Ifill the appropriate person to be the moderator of the VP debate?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. I am done arguing with you. I read yahoo editorials DAILY. Michelle Malkin is trash and so are other individuals I mentioned. McCain campaign agreed to this debate so I guess you will have to cry yourself to sleep on this one.

P.S It would help if you watched something other than Fox news some time.

#21     Oct 1, 2008
  2. I wish you luck Braddah. I should check into food stamps myself...fuck what a great idea.

However based on my last several visits to your AO there I'll probably never go back. Hawaii will never see another one of my tourist dollars(or food stamps) again. The whole stupid "mainlander" verses "haole" thing is just nuts now. If I want that I can just go to South Los Angeles and save the airfare.

#22     Oct 1, 2008
  3. So just so I understand your "reasoning", anyone who writes something you disagree with is "trash?"

No doubt you also consider yourself "tolerant" and value diversity.

#23     Oct 1, 2008
  4. "Trash" is something that will find a way to something negative about Obama(or any democrat) no matter what he/she does. Also defending the indefensible (Bush Administration) will earn "trash" recognition. I don't want to ever hear about how history down the road will judge King George's adminisitration better. It won't. It is an indisputable FUBAR all around. I have been reading those fools for years and I know what I am talking about.

#24     Oct 1, 2008
  5. Doc, I'm not sure what you're talking about with regards to the "mainlander versus haole thing..."

Do you mean the locals v.s. mainlander haoles? If so, there is a perception among many locals that mainland whites that come here, either as tourists or to reside here, are loud, selfish, and rude. Local Hawaii style is to be unselfish, humble, and tolerant (generally).

You must have had some bad experiences, and I'm sorry to hear about that.

H

#25     Oct 1, 2008
  6. Lame. I have no time for unreasonable and plain as day idiots such as yourself.

Welcome to the Ignore club.

#26     Oct 1, 2008
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Once you start to debate on Kos and show yourself to be from the "right" you're gone. They put you on hide.

Whats left are a couple smart people and thousands of little Mao/Marxist/Obama whinny wannabes.

#27     Oct 1, 2008
  8. If you want to debate politics Politico is a good website. Daily Kos is a liberal blog and does not hide it. It would not be rational to expect journalistic fairness on a blog.

#28     Oct 1, 2008
  9. AAA wrote..

"Isn't there a stunning lack of fairness in having this woman pretend to moderate the debate when she is already heavily invested in one candidate, plus has a sizeable financial interest in him winning?"

Yes. I agree. I'd say strategy is the key.

Perhaps, this could be Palins "ace card". Any failing from Palin, and we have plenty of ammo to attack the moderator.

If Palin hits a few home runs it could make the moderator look good or bad depending.

#29     Oct 1, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There is no way they could have objected to her, even though she never should have been given the job. Can you imagine the claims of racism that they would be dealing with had they objected to Ifill moderating?

#30     Oct 1, 2008