The Votes Are Not There For Bailout

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Sep 29, 2008.

1. that's not true. the house always debates before passing bills, especially when they're great photo ops.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  2. A Democrat quoting Spiro T Agnew in a POSITIVE light.

How bizarre is that?

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  3. there is NO consideration of what the risk of the national debt will be, and to who it will be owed

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  4. The Republicans missed a Heaven sent opportunity to divorce themselves in one single swoop from a host of hated elements like Bush, Wall Street and the liberal give away Democratic Congress.

This was Boehner's boner.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  5. how telling that he quotes someone removed for corruption

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  6. THESE COCKSUCKERS TRIED A VOICE VOTE!!!

thank goodness a recorded vote was demanded

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  7. Sadly I think you are right.

For those of you haven't seen the bill, go view it. study it.

Bottom line: This bill is the same as the initial Paulson plan..they threw in all the other "principles": oversight, exec compensation, taxpayer participation in the upside; in such a manner that they are worth ZERO. The Treasury Sec has FULL DISCRETION TO DO WHAT HE WANTS WHEN HE WANTS HOW HE WNATS WITH NO FORM OF JUDICIAL OR CONGRESSIONAL OVERSIGHT/OVERRULE!

Note that the guys from the Treasury Dept are so excited that they got all they want. The Treasury Dept just played the buffoons in Congress for what they are - buffoons. Checkmate!

I am from a Third World country and I never believed the day would come when I would be disgusted with the US govt as much as I am with my home govt.

The Empire has fallen!

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  8. Empire is far from falling.

Those in Debt will fall.

Many traders will be washed out as day trading will dwendal.

Taxes will be passed.

Witch hunts will begin.

But, the Empire is far from falling.

#19     Sep 29, 2008
  9. You say "Those in Debt will fall" and who is the greatest debtor of them all? "The Empire" is the greatest debtor. So do tell, why won't the Empire fall?

#20     Sep 29, 2008