The VIX sucketh

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by lindq, Nov 25, 2019.

1. lindq

lindq

11/25/2019 -- Breaks below 12 for the first time in a year.

2. S2007S

S2007S

Too much complacency.

Going to break soon.

3. that is why trump is detrimental to traders.

4. Overnight

Overnight

Maybe it is time to long it?

5. Bekim

Bekim

Sucks being long vega

6. dozu888

dozu888

vix is meaningless when it's low... my pro boys know options aint' worth nothing, just dump'em at any price.

7. dozu888

dozu888

me think - VIX is a good measurement for nervousness, but not for complacency.

when VIX is high the dumb money is nervous, the market is busy.... heck, why is this even needed, you can see on the price directly.

when VIX is low, you can call it complacency, but by who? option market makers are not dumb money - they know the plan of their own trading houses and at least according to their plan the options don't worth nothing.

8. so what is your suggestion in current low vol environment? buy or sell options?

9. dozu888

dozu888

I'd be lying to say I know options... long term investment I already said AAPL top is $1000.... short term trading at the moment there is not much of a set up... we are too far away from the Jan earning run, and xmas rally is not a sure thing considering we've been up a bit already.

1 thing caught my eye is AMZN it's been pressed down for accumulation but them boys prolly gonna give it a go into during the shopping season.

10. dozu888

dozu888

well... amzn lol

#10     Dec 26, 2019