The Vikram Pandit Trainwreck At Citi

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trader5287, Mar 10, 2008.

1. LOL ... you are so wrong about this one.

Some of my friends are surgeons and many are of Indian origin (some born there, some here, some in Africa ... just like my white friends :))

But the reasons people go to India for surgery are:

1. Its cheaper than in first world countries
    2. You can get spare parts that are not available elsewhere (is that the waiting list you meant ... in which case you're right).
    3. As non-firstworld surgery goes its not too unsafe.

The spare parts market in India is a little like the child slavery market in my opinion --- NOT a good thing.

To the OP though:

However, on the "Our banks CEO is a nasty little wog" front ... all I have to say is get used to it redneck. Its going to be the way of the future ... its no more stupid than the US multinationals having USanian MD's overseas (lol, pretty stupid on the whole but no more stupid).

#21     Mar 11, 2008
  2. LOL... you clearly haven't travelled in India, kiwi. I have, and fairly recently.

Especially in the southern states, ultra-modern hospitals are being built at a ridiculous rate. As I said, many cater to rich Europeans and Arabs. Some are built by the Saudis and other Arabs. These hospitals are manned by Indians from the floor sweeper to the head of cardiac surgery.

I'm not going to do your research for you. I'll simply say that Indian doctors have led the world in the development of several procedures. Cataracts are one.

You seem to be unaware that med schools in the west are overrun with Indian and Asian students.

I didn't suggest that the only people going to India for surgery need extremely complex procedures. I was questioning the OP's pejorative question 'Would you want an East Indian surgeon?' The answer is, absolutely; way more than I would want one from one of the African countries. The OP did not ask whether I would want to go to India for surgery. He asked 'Would you want an East Indian as a surgeon'.

Sounds to me like maybe you saw a '60 Minutes' or something like that and are basing your comments on it. Sure, there are huge issues with the illicit trade in body parts, etc. India is a country beset with huge problems.

If you're not aware that in the West, Indian surgeons often lead their field, then perhaps your friends do a lot of liposuction and tummy tucks? I don't think there are too many East Indian plastic surgeons they seem to go more for cardiac, neurosurgery, orthopedic and the like.

:)

#22     Mar 11, 2008
  3. #23     Mar 11, 2008
  4. Pandit was just handed a huge sh*t sandwich. It's hardly his making. They obviously couldn't find anyone else that would take it.

Look up Weill's background. How did that guy ever get to run C? Then Prince. They make a great sh*t sandwich.

#24     Mar 11, 2008
  5. Still wrong. I have friends who operate in India and Australia and have a very clear view of the inside of the hospitals involved. Others don't do it.

You go to India for price and a good supply of spare parts.

#25     Mar 11, 2008
  6. Like I said, you clearly haven't been to India. But you're telling us all what's going on there. Here are the facts.

1) Some of the world's best surgeons are Indian

2) Western med schools are filled with Indian and Asian students

3) People from Europe/Asia/Middle East are going to India for elective surgery in ever increasing numbers, often to brand new hospitals built by Saudis/Arabs and staffed by Indians.

4) My originaLcontention was that the OP's pejorative, "Would you want an East Indian surgeon?", is an example of a man talking out of his ass.

5) It is now my contention that your posts here represent basically the same thing.

Maybe stick to IB attack dog duty?

: )

I'll make that my last word here. I've moved above and beyond the need to have the last word when I'm right. Usually it's the guy who's wrong who needs it, so step right up.

#26     Mar 11, 2008
  7. What if he had caused it? What if he had to go to Congress last week with real CEOs?

Good lord.

#27     Mar 11, 2008
  8. Yes, and soon the US will be a third world nation.
    Ironic, isn't it ?

#28     Mar 11, 2008
  9. Interesting they chose Pandit as CEO just when the sh*t started to blow. Maybe he's just a fall guy?

Same old trick, choose a minority or a foreigner for a high profile job nobody wants, so the real crooks can hide behind him/her. Can anyone guess who elected him as CEO? Robert Rubin. Why do the same names come back over and over? hmmm.

#29     Mar 11, 2008