The Vikram Pandit Trainwreck At Citi

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trader5287, Mar 10, 2008.

1. #11     Mar 10, 2008
  2. reg

reg

Maybe you should also add this name to your list:

Dr. Dipak Desai
    http://www.natap.org/2008/newsUpdates/030308_04.htm

He sure knows a lot about business - look how much he saved by reusing syringes on his patients.

#12     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Citi fell 6% today. Bear ( the one that had the helicopter golfer CEO last year) fell 10.5%. Ambac fell 23%.

Bloom is out with a Special Report on GS eps that looks just terrible.

Mttp://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aSsY6Sc_Xb0Q&refer=exclusive

This credit crisis should have been done months ago. It's now stretched another calendar quarter. It's morphed everywhere it can including into huge image, PR, leadership, competence and emotional economics angles. This isn't Asian currency, Lat Ams or Mexicans defaulting, or Russians acting out. This is an American problem created by Wall Street and world markets want it fixed yesterday. No more foot dragging and failure to produce fixes and results.

Instead what markets the world over are getting is something like this milktoast Blankfein saying he thinks its" half over" last week or `'My goal in life is to be lucky for 25 years in a row'' WTF? Where are we getting these weaklings from? Why isn't he out there saying This Is What The Problem Is And This Is What Goldman Sachs Is Doing About It Right Now.

If they dont get a lid on the underlying financial issues and this image and confidence mess fast, we're at risk of a crash.

Finally back to Citi and the "racism" thing. I dont see it that way. And as for diversity, why not Krawchuck, why not some other killer bee female or a nononsense black guy - something like Darden's ceo or Powell pre UN blowup type. Real clean up people. And on the big caps they should be American and should have a Right Stuff appearance I say.

#13     Mar 10, 2008
  4. #14     Mar 10, 2008
  5. empee

empee

Wtf? Those names put Citi where it is NOW! At the very least, maybe they are changing the strategy since Sandy, Chuck & Co didn't do so well!

We can blast Pandit, but he walked into basically a nuclear wintered scenario @ Citi. Makes you wonder that they couldn't find a WASP to take over and had to 'resort' to a Indian.

Then again, maybe they're pioneering outsourcing of executive levels! Payback's a bitch :)

#15     Mar 10, 2008
  6. It´s an image game :

if Pandit "rescues" Citibank, he will be a US hero of Indian descent...if he fails, he will be the "foreigner" trying to catch a falling knife...

By the way : some well informed sources tell me Citi is fair valued around 15 USD.....:) :p :D

#16     Mar 10, 2008
  7. Retired

Retired

According to Jim Rogers, it's more like $5.

#17     Mar 10, 2008
  8. That soveriegn fund manager from the United Arab Emirates?

What is pulling down Citibank is the toxic stuff in the US. Their international operations are doing good.

By the way I'm curious does anyone here bank with Citibank? Why?

#18     Mar 11, 2008
  9. Are you not aware that people from all over the world are going to India to have complex medical procedures done because they can't deal with the wait times at home? In most countries in the world, East Indian surgeons are at the top of their field.

India has some of the best private hospitals on the planet. The rich Saudis routinely go there because they can't get the quality of care they enjoy in the West and it's 1/3 the flight time.

Have you not heard about the reversing of the brian drain that is occuring in formerly third world countries? The best and brightest come to the West (over here and to the U.K.), get trained, spend 20 years working and making their money, then go back home to live a life of luxury over there. Have you not read about this?

All of this is common knowledge if you read a newspaper other than the fucking Tattler.

You should consider taking a moment and trying to figure out if you're talking through your ass before you post.

Damn, every time I think I've seen the limit of ignorance on here, someone ups the bar.

#19     Mar 11, 2008
  10. maxni

maxni

Citi's numbers speak for themselves. Specious talk is a waste of time.

Given your concern, perhaps you'd become a Citigroup stockholder and speak up at the next shareholder meeting to air your views? :)

In case you haven't noticed, Citigroup's share price was already below book value when Pandit took over as CEO.

#20     Mar 11, 2008