‘The View’ host Joy Behar slams CMAs for not being politically charged: ‘The democracy is at risk’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Nov 17, 2018.

1. ‘The View’ host Joy Behar slams CMAs for not being politically charged: ‘The democracy is at risk’

By Brian Flood | Fox News
    Joy Behar: What to know

A look at the life of the controversial ‘The View’ co-host and how she continues to make headlines

ABC News’ “The View” co-host Joy Behar slammed the 52nd annual CMA Awards on Thursday for not diving into politics when country music's biggest stars gathered earlier this week.

Co-hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood decided to keep politics out of the event, much to the chagrin of the far-left Behar.

“I believe that everybody should be involved in politics right now. I really do. I don’t believe that you get a pass just because you’re a performer,” Behar said. “My personal belief is that we are in an emergency. The democracy is at risk, and everybody should be speaking up, everybody.”

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg called it a "welcome break" and pointed out that sometimes people don’t want to talk about politics, while co-host Sunny Hostin said that some celebrities fear it will hurt their brand.

“I know that if I stayed neutral I would make ten times more money than I earn, to tell the truth, but I make the decision to speak my mind and give my opinion,” Behar fired back.

Behar has been an outspoken critic of President Trump, mocking everything from his female supporters to Vice President Mike Pence’s religious beliefs. She has slammed first lady Melania Trump and was even forced to apologize after it appeared she wished ill on the president.

Meanwhile, the ABC event was the lowest-rated CMA awards ever, according to Hollywood trade publication Deadline. Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that politically charged events like the Oscars and Emmys set a precedent that the CMAs couldn’t overcome.

“The CMAs are victims of how politicized award shows have become. It doesn't matter that it wasn't political,” Gainor said. “How are viewers supposed to know that ahead of time when every other award show is a parade of lefty loons?”

The CMAs featured Keith Urban picking up the Entertainer of the Year award, a somber note with Garth Brooks leading a moment of silence for the 12 people who were killed at a Southern California country bar last week and a memorable Luke Bryan performance of "What Makes You Country.

2. Give politics a rest, witch!

Clubber Lang and Poindexter like this.
  3. carrer

carrer

She should continue doing it. More hatreds and insanity will drive people away from the Democrat party and the moderates will start getting red-pilled.

4. “THE DEMOCRACY IS AT RISK” - Behar

You stupid cunt!

Which party does NOT accept the results of the elections when they lose?
    Which party tries to undermine the elected administration?
    Which party uses the media to force their agenda?

Stupid hag should STFU

5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Joy Behar is a disgusting pig who attempts to masquerade as a caring and thoughtful person. She basically prostitutes herself on televsion by acting much more liberal than she probably is in order to get ratings. Most liberals, especially in hollywood and washington are total frauds.
    Does anyone actually think most of those washington and hollywood liberals care about immigrants? Fuck no !!!

6. Elisabeth Hasselbeck returning to the View for a little bit.

Damn, I nearly detached a retina looking at her legs one day. Have no idea what she was saying, I just went totally deaf.

I hope the passage of time has not been too hard on those legs. I know from listening to Kamala that "the passage of time" is a real thing.

Can I get an AMEN on that?

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Will Return as a Guest Co-Host on The View: 'Pray for Me Y'all!'

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  7. easymon1

easymon1