The View Down River

Discussion in 'Journals' started by downrivertrader, Feb 12, 2006.

1. spersky

spersky

Long 3 unit of ECM06 at 1.2088. Safety, stop is set. I will let oyu know when and if I get stopped out.

Regards,
    Steve

#411     Mar 26, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

what chart time frame

#412     Mar 26, 2006
  3. spersky

spersky

I usually trade form the hourly charts and use dailys for the trend. In addition, I use the 15minute charts to time my entries.

I am not using divergences for this trade. I am using Moving averages and trend lines. I feel that this is an excallent risk/reward.

In addition, there is not much damage that the fed can do to this position. Everyone expects them to raise rates. If they do not, I should make money. If they are less hawkish, I will make money. I consider this a lower risk trade going into fed day.

We shall see,

Further more the YEN is going crazy vs the dollar on speculation that the Fed might not be as hawkish in the next few days. It is quite possible that the EURO will move up too when the EURO session opens tonight.

Regards,
    Seve

#413     Mar 26, 2006
  4. spersky

spersky

Stop out on all contracts at break even. EC diid not make the move I expected when Europe session opens. Therefore, I raise stops to break even.

Regards,
    Steve

#414     Mar 27, 2006
  5. BLR

BLR

I will be long the Euro on a break of 12110 (cash). The spread today is about 57 pips basis the June contract.

Next key resistance is the 12210 area.

Don't jump in before we see the first level.

Good luck.

#415     Mar 30, 2006
  6. BLR

BLR

Long at 12111 or 12168 basis June.

Some minor resistance points between this level and 12210.

Good luck

#416     Mar 30, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

looks to me like the move had already happened when you posted

????

#417     Mar 30, 2006
  8. BLR

BLR

Yes, my order was entered and stop was hit. Just posted after that.

I am looking for the upper target (12200 +) and just trying to decide if to close at that level or, put in a sell stop and see if we move higher. Makes better sense to put in a stop and let the market take me out if that happens.

The upper target must be the 12321 level for now.

My longer term view has not changed. Limit of this move at the 12509 to 12653 before this correction is over.

Good luck.

#418     Mar 30, 2006