The victims of newtown are being played like a fiddle.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 1, 2013.

1. I have "NO RESPECT" whatsoever for parents trying to exploit newtown in an effort to usurp the 2nd amendment.

Fuck-em, just because their kid died from a lack of school security doesn't automatically mean default to soft headed solutions.

#21     May 1, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I WOULD have respect for them, if they were proposing, and supporting solutions that would have actually solved their kids death, even though i may not agree i would atleast respect that, however as it stands, what these people are doing is basically saying, "my kid died, so support my political belief."

It would be like saying "My kid got shot, so support higher taxes" The argument they are making has nothing to do with the kids death, so all it is is shameless exploitation.

#22     May 1, 2013
  3. I'm not a fan of background checks.(they don't use the ones they have properly and the risk of invasion of privacy leading to registration=confiscation is too high)
    There were no checks in place when the 2nd Amendment was ratified so we should just eliminate them.

#23     May 1, 2013
  4. Yes when buying from a legal gun dealer background checks are required, this works. Felons and illegals can buy guns from individuals and from individuals at gun shows, background checks are needed in this area and are common sense and a good idea. Because a background check would not of stopped the Newtown shooting is not a good argument against background checks. Want more guns in the hands of more bad guys, then get rid of all background checks, common sense guys. A background check does not infringe on anyones 2nd admendment rights, well except for felons.

#24     May 1, 2013
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Name ONE mass shooting that would have been stopped by obamas bill.

If anything, the one thing they havent proposed would be liability of the parent if their kid steals their gun, thats a common sense solution, and one that no one is talking about.

If you are responsible enough to own a gun, you should be responsible enough to either know your child, or put it somewhere where the psycho cant get access to it, parents should be 100% liable if their kid steals their gun and shoots someone. That would have stopped newtown, as the mom already knew her son was a psycho. Start slapping cuffs on the parents of underage kids who commit these gun crimes with their guns, and watch how quickly parents start putting the guns in a secured location.

An idea like that would never come to fruition though, because most gun violence comes from democratic districts, and liberals are far too irresponsible tro do anything for themselves.

#25     May 1, 2013
  6. Only stupid people really believe that a background check done by an authoritarian central gubbermint is free from the threat of "infringement".

#26     May 1, 2013
  7. gubbermint ? Is that a mint species like spearmint ?

#27     May 1, 2013
  8. Max E.

Max E.

My favourite is joe momma's coochie mint.

#28     May 1, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO, it's NOT working. IF it was then why all the shootings?

And how pray tell do you plan on implementing and enforcing that?

Did I mention yet that MOST guns used in crimes by felons are stolen and therefore not subject to background checks, or guns laws of ANY kind for that matter?

#29     May 1, 2013
  10. Guns stolen by felons makes a good argument for gun registration, but you're right gun registration is another logical and common sense thing to do.

#30     May 1, 2013