The Very existence of time is proof of eternity.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 27, 2007.

1. I love you

2. Title + OP = Wow!

3. Perhaps...getting a little deeper is fruitful...Titles mean shit...

Can't I post here as a guest and a spam watcher too?

You guys seem to think that a moderator is a censure...well your wrong. I watch spam...and police rules of conduct breaches ...thats all... thats it...Nothing more...

Carry on...and if you think this thread is a waste, then do not contribute..

but I really mean to embrace the essence of the thing...

if you think that you die into nothingness then so be it...its your life...

Nature itself speaks of the glory...

Michael B.

4. Michael, I wasn't suggesting any of the things of you mention here.

I was just saying that the juxtaposition of the text of the title and the text of the first post which, typically fleshes out the subject of the title, was unique and unexpected. I have never seen such a combination.

With regard to your mod status, I am sure that if Baron decides that you should not be starting such threads, in such a manner, he will tell you. My opinion is worth exactly zero on that subject.

I have no idea what you mean by saying 'I love you'. That is the only criticism I would offer, and I would only say this because you usually convey your ideas pretty clearly. It seems a little weird to me but we're all a little weird in our own way.

5. I purposely attempted thought provocation and am learning that sometimes the less said... lends to a more imaginative reply...

I could predict your typical response ...

By the way, I treat the word "love" very seriously..

some of the most inspirirational writers have learned to be misunderstood....so tradernik...no worries...

but when writing from the heart in an archive...no one can erase how I feel the "essence"...

I personally am sick and tired of the P & R threads in ET and thought it would be time to discuss something eternally meaningful...

This is the place for all of the non trading threads that drift into the "cronies world" of political opinions, end up...well lets change that...

Michael B.

6. Okay, man. Whatever you say. If you are saying that you could predict that people would be confused by the title and then the text of the first post, that's great for you.

The suggestion that I am at the level of the 'typical' P & R participant isn't particularly pleasant for me but I guess it's based on your most thoughtful analysis so I'll take it.

Perhaps some of the more spiritual or enlightened member of ET will be able to see the deeper meaning here and respond more appropriately, or at least atypically.

Nik

7. There was just a post deleted here...that was right on the mark for me...

Loving yourself would be the root...for me anyways...I mean the root for meaning...

I did not catch the handel of that seemingly mind reading poster...

8. To love thyself, know thyself.

You need do nothing.

"I need do nothing" is a statement of allegiance, a truly undivided loyalty to yourself. believe it for just one instant, and you will accomplish more than is given to a century of contemplation, or of struggle against temptation.

To do anything involves the body. And if you recognize you need do nothing, you have withdrawn the body's value from your mind. Here is the quick and open door through which you slip past centuries of effort, and escape from time. For here is time denied, and past and future gone.

Jesus