The USD is not worth what it use to be...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Oct 25, 2005.

1. I paid $7.96 for a footlong chicken teriyaki at subway. This is criminal... a couple years back it was $4.69.

Criminal.

The USD is becoming shit paper as far as I'm concerned.

2. Holmes

Holmes

To discover the real value of a currency is to go to Mac Donalds and then figure out what you have to pay for a Big Mac meal.

Then converting the curreny back to USD and you have the discrepancy between the exchange rate and the true value.

Sherlock

3. oh boy.

4. Is even worse when you want to exchange your hard earned dollars into Euros. I recently went to Paris and suddenly realized that my money was worthless.

5. lol

6. Funny comment as a few years back when the $$$ was trading much higher, it was the folks from the Euro Zone lamenting their currency was "worthless".

DS

7. this is what happens when a criminal gang of politicians(mafia) gets free access of printing money.
    no wonder they disdain foreign countries who counterfit dollars - they are a competition of criminals.
    It is not worth using as toilette paper. Want some value buy the swiss francs...

8. kowboy

kowboy

There's got to be a way to protect the assets you've accumulated other than in the dollar which continues to erode exponentially and looks like it will get even worse under the new Fed chairman.

Most any major stable currency would have been better than dollar based liquid assets, especially over the last five years.

Rather than merely converting to Swiss francs, there's got to be a better alternative where you can make your capital actually grow in that foreign currency.

9. Moreagr

Moreagr

i don't remember get a dollar menu selection back in the 80's when i was a kid at any FF place especially Mcd's and here in Michigan they have the 20 nuggets for 2.99 fri -sun this would have never happened 15-20 years ago:)

10. well, it's a good thing my USD grows on trees.

'scuse me while I go out and pick a few.

skalper

#10     Oct 25, 2005