The US started as the Wild West

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Dec 15, 2012.

Should school staff carry side arms

1. Yes.

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey just trying to think like a liberal, that's why I deleted it.

#51     Dec 15, 2012
  2. Hey if you liberals are okay with making all schools gun free zones, don't bitch to me about the consequences and demand curtailment of our Bill of Rights.

#52     Dec 15, 2012
  3. Redneck

Redneck

In Texas

At my kid’s H.S., there are 2 armed officers on premises throughout the entire school day

It’s no big deal placing armed officers in school

And as KTM stated – at one school teachers are permitted to carry – as law enforcement is typically a few hours away – meanwhile other schools are adopting a similar tact

Never a significant issue or incident in either my kid’s H.S., or in the ones with armed faculty

===========================================

For the record;

The shooter lived at home with his mother – his mother was an avid gun collector and shooter – who often took her kids to the range

The kid took his mother’s guns

No additional law/ regulation would have stopped him from getting his mother's guns

Where was the gun safe… where were the trigger locks… why didn’t the mother know her son had issues… why didn’t the mother have her guns hidden / stored away from her son

Place the responsibility where it belongs… instead of burdening folks like me with more stupid regulations

The 2nd amendment is fine just the way it is written

RN

#53     Dec 16, 2012
  4. The last thing we need in this country is Phoenix and a bunch of other gun nuts trying to form an organized militia. The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to 21st century America with the way it was written.

#54     Dec 16, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

Thankfully the Supreme Court disagrees with you.

#55     Dec 16, 2012
  6. I don't even own a gun dipshit, so how does that make me a gun nut?

#56     Dec 16, 2012
  7. Right just like due process and prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment is out of date.

Perhaps we need to re-introduce pressing and breaking on the wheel for liberal dipshits?

#57     Dec 16, 2012
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Telling is the fact you ignored the part I wrote about being responsible (the mother’s responsibility as a parent… and as a gun owner)

Supporting this is your statement about the 2nd amendment not applying to the 21st century

I agree;

Back in the day – people took responsibility and accountability… they knew right from wrong… they knew how to regulate themselves… how to conduct themselves… they respected another’s life – for the most part

Fast forward to today – people have evolved (think decayed) to where they can’t regulate themselves or their actions… can’t think for themselves… know shit about right or wrong… and give a shit about another's life or liberties

So run do they to the government’s teat – suckling in hopes of being fed all shit they lack internally – and befitting any decent human being

Count me out

RN

#58     Dec 16, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Wow!
    My apologies to KTM and any others who were aware of this policy.

#59     Dec 16, 2012
  10. We all have the potential for violence. Imo, black people are an angry bunch. Anger is a motivating emotion. Anger with no direction or hope of being resolved leads to violence.

Did you read the comments of jamie Fox? The guy has it made yet he is still angry he has to act "white" 8 hours a day. This is a personal problem.

Why are black people so angry?

#60     Dec 16, 2012