The US started as the Wild West

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Dec 15, 2012.

Should school staff carry side arms

1. Yes.

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't think simple insanity or autism or Aspergers can explain the killing of 5 year olds and 6 year olds.

The media is saying that this 24 year old developed some kind of terrible hatred toward his mother, killed her and then decided to drive her car over to the school she taught at and kill her students. There isn't any rational explanation so we're going to be left with this being unexplained.

Same thing with the Denver movie theater killings. That guy flipped out, withdrew himself from school and started buying weapons and making lethal booby trap devices in his Aurora apartment. There isn't a rational explanation for what he did.

The Virginia Tech killer was also mentally ill. Somehow these guys (I notice it is never a woman) become filled with hate towards an individual or group of people. I don't think that guns are any more common now than they were 30 years ago but the prevalence of mentally ill people in the population has increased. There are crazy people out there who should be institutionalized. Our society stopped putting crazy people into hospitals in the 80s and that is when these mass killings seemed to start.

Maybe we need to go back to forcibly committing people to mental institutions when they appear to their friends and family to be clearly irrational and dangerous. Our culture has become afraid to identify people in this category.

#11     Dec 15, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Should school staff carry side arms?
    Yes.

#12     Dec 15, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Prove it.

#13     Dec 15, 2012
  4. Maybe we just need to accept shit happens (in a semi-free society) and move on.

#14     Dec 15, 2012
  5. mm19

mm19

The best and most practical comment :D

#15     Dec 15, 2012
  6. figures the biggest loser on ET would make light of this.

If it was him or [assuming he actually has anyone in his life to love] someone he loved who was killed in this manner, I know he'd not be making the same infantile, b.s. comment, without explanation !

#16     Dec 15, 2012
  7. ktm

ktm

That's already the law.

The problem is with the media calling basic semi auto rifles "assault weapons" simply by looking at the stock. True assault weapons require a class III license and plenty of registering and checkouts.

#17     Dec 15, 2012
  8. ktm

ktm

#18     Dec 15, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Where?

I haven't seen tradingjournals in some time. Is he still around?

#19     Dec 15, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#20     Dec 15, 2012