The US old Enought to kill but not old enought to drink :D

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 15, 2006.

Should the age to enlist be raised to 21

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Ricter

Ricter

1) They can still get beer. It's a social statement more than anything else.

2) Who drinks "a" beer at 18??

#11     Jun 15, 2006
  2. because insurance companies don't like paying claims.

same reason he can't smoke a cigar in a bar, or ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

drunk kids cause accidents, accidents cost money, lobbyists bribe politicians for laws to save insurance companies money. there is no opposing lobby.

#12     Jun 16, 2006
  3. Exactly. The insurance companies have a monopoly in this area.

As for them bastards not wanting to pay claims, I have an anecdotal evidence. The insurance companies rejected a claim for wind damage during Katrina saying that all the damage was due to flooding. Now, a home made video has emerged where a neighbor who was brave (stupid?) enough to stay back in his house was video taping the passage of the storm. The guy took the video of the wind damaging the roof. The flooding due to the levee failures came hours later. I think this and thousands of other cases are being litigated now. To me, that video coupled with the Engineers' reports are clear evidence of wind damage. However, the crooks at the insurance companies are trying to avoid paying for the covered damages.

#13     Jun 16, 2006
  4. Uhhh, the topic is about drinking alcohol.

Oh yeah, red glasses see only red, drug addicts see only drugs....

#14     Jun 16, 2006