The US Is Killing Its Entrepreneurs....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Lethn

Lethn

I can understand what you're saying about the non-political elements behind this but the reason that the assets got so toxic to the point where they were destroying everything else was actually because of political involvement.

If the government didn't back the federal reserve so consistantly the federal reserve would have ended up out of business decades ago and it's them that keep propping up these terrible companies that just do nothing.

#31     Oct 8, 2009
  2. .....................................

You are 1000% correct in the obvious assessment for more blame to go around....

I am not interested in the verb blaming....I want action now in the right direction....

I am angry because it is such a waste....and I want the US....to do well and win....and win big....but there is no action in the right direction....All of the action is in the wrong direction....

I want this losing crap....over with already....

Also remember that we are not authors ....these are just impromptu spur of the moment write ups....

But make no mistake....my view is correct....

#32     Oct 8, 2009
  3. Can't find the link now, but some guys at Rice University have designed a carbon fibre "cable" that can transmit electricity MUCH more efficaciously than copper/steel.
    A "cable" the thickness of your knee could carry enough juice to power Houston.
    Yea, ya gotta dig to lay it, but think of the cost savings.
    No tree danger, no Hurricane or high wind blowing down high tension lines...etc.
    They're trying to raise 50M to produce it, but can't get a grant.
    I'd love for my tax dollars to go for something like this as opposed to throwing more young men into the maw of war.
    But I guess that's just my humble little opinion.

#33     Oct 8, 2009
  4. ...............................................

Exactly.....this x 1000+....

you got it....

All facilitated in a better arena...as I have mentioned above....

The US takes off like a rocket....

All the talent, best non US Cos. have to domicile in the US as well....because of tax structure and the "straight up non-gameable" better regulated universal exchange....cheaper to list etc....

Then there will be US labor shortages....

#34     Oct 8, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Somebody posted something that was profound to me the other day, it was about how all the advances made by the human race come from the top 10% of IQ's and most of that from the top 1% and how the rest just complain and blame others for their problems...

I was walking to the Library and wondering what somebody with a high IQ does in Cuba, or in Obama's America.. they won't be allowed a wide audience and they will be limited to telling people how to make the system work better for them, but have to be careful not to inflame the hatred of the ruling class... Cuba was sending it's people out into the countryside to forage for grubs about 20 years ago folks!! Leftist assholes blamed the embargo... no, sorry, the embargo was never universal, they could trade, if they had anything trade with... it was due to the complete hobbling of the smart people....

I heard Rush Limbaugh describing the Left yesterday: "ruthless in the acquisition of power and weak in the face of evil".. does anybody have a better description? Ever seen James Carville in action? Ruthless, that is the most offputting person I've ever seen...

#35     Oct 8, 2009
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Funny how it's always just one side attacking the other, the only political people I've seen attacking them both are the third parties and people like Ron Paul.

#36     Oct 8, 2009
  7. No glenn beck attacks both parties too

#37     Oct 8, 2009
  8. Lethn

Lethn

lmao I don't really watch fox news but I'll take your word for it since that guy seems like he'll attack anything :p

#38     Oct 8, 2009
  9. Beck admits to be more Libertarian-like than either Donkey or Elephant.

#39     Oct 8, 2009
  10. Lethn

Lethn

Glenn Beck? Liberaterian? ( Don't know if I even spelt that right bah ) You are joking right? Or is this another poor soul who really is a lib that happens to have the same name and is a much nicer and more moderate person?

#40     Oct 8, 2009