The US Economy’s Dirty Secret

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. piezoe

piezoe

But how is this possible Here's is how: (from credit cards.com)

• $6,354 average balance on credit cards at the end of 2017, according to Experian. That is up 2.7 percent, from $6,188 at the end of 2016.
    In a fiat money regime, low interest rates can continue indefinitely. The economy can be goosed by stepping up Government spending. Inflation can be held in check by putting the bulk of new money from tax cuts and profits at the high end of income spectrum where it won't get spent but rather invested in Treasuries, and by holding wage growth to modest gains.* The latter is aided by increasing automation -- have you seen the new ordering kiosks at McDonalds? -- and creating, through legislation, an economy friendly to management but less so to unions and workers. Credit becomes a stand-in for the missing component: a living wage, and credit is hugely profitable to those that supply it. If Marie Antoinette were alive today she'd say "Let them eat credit" instead of "Let them eat cake." And she could take that all the way to the bank!

dozu888 likes this.
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. dozu888

dozu888

5. ironchef

ironchef

Because I am waiting for SP to yield 10.x%,

On the other hand, I am afraid the yield could go from 5.x% to -5.x% in no time if Trump makes a bad Tweet. :(

6. dozu888

dozu888

I am afraid too many people are waiting for 10.x maybe even 7.x then it will never get there... why would it if the 10 year is almost 2 now..

Trump is far more intelligent than the MSM paints him as... successful in biz, entertainment and politics, how can such guy be dumb.... in the world political jungle we need someone like this, who has build a RE empire in NY, where the mobs had a hand in virtually everything! that's a president I want to fight for me!

Yeah tweets and all can be wild, but look at the % return from the election night in 2016.... can't argue with success.