the unsettling truth about this market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tortoise, Dec 28, 2009.

1. parker

parker

they both try to neutralize eachother's efforts in the ME

Not completely true, see the efforts by both in Afghanistan.

Other than that, I agree with what your saying completely. But, the fact of the matter is things are getting serious in Iran rather quickly. I don't think its unreasonable to at least mentally prepare for that situation.

Do I think its a slam dunk? no. The way I look at it, Iran's government is at a line of support. I'm on the sidelines about this until it breaks one way or another.

However, there are ways to profit from the frenzied reporting from Iran, especially as countries like the United States, France, and Germany, and Russia start officially addressing the issue

#31     Dec 29, 2009
  2. oh and let's not forget russia and china are brains behind the iranian government, even if the regime is unable to pull itself together on its own, they're not gonna let their proxy fall into pieces and into US hands just like that, i'm sure they'll even go to the extent of hiring militia from afganistan, pakistan and such just to have them come to iran and murder some of the protesters

and I'm not sides with the iranian people, I don't even feel sorry for them, even though the iranian government is an asshole, I'm pretty sure the people are no better, just like how the american people being raped by the banks actually deserve it

#32     Dec 29, 2009
  3. parker

parker

I think that may be partially true, but I'm not convinced on China. China is willing to play ball with Iran up to a point. They like the idea of a powerful stable government with a large sphere of influence in the middle of east that likes to butt heads with the US.

However I don't think they like the idea of Iran being in complete disarray, especially if it is armed with nuclear weapons. I think China is willing to cut and run with tis support for any given regime pretty quickly if it is seen as a beneficial move.

Oh and China doesn't want us getting in to another conflict, they want us to pay them back for the one in Iraq first.

#33     Dec 29, 2009
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

No stop - hold bag, use stop - pass the bag :)

#34     Dec 29, 2009
  5. Right, those manipulative Jooos, we all know what you mean. What a crock of shit.

#35     Dec 29, 2009
  6. Of course there is an online website where you can "bet" on that. I believe it is legal if you give the proceeds to charity.

http://www.intrade.com/

#36     Dec 29, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Actually, that's a thought that had not entered my mind until your post.

#37     Dec 29, 2009
  8. Algos have been running since the 80s doing the same things they do today.

#38     Dec 29, 2009
  9. End of january will be the first drop, second will comke right before the Easter.

#39     Dec 29, 2009
  10. LOL. Yeah o.k.

If you haven't noticed a difference between algo's from even 2008 to 2009, then you must be a long term position trader.

Algo's ARE THE MARKET now, and they're frontrunning every order you send.

#40     Dec 30, 2009