the unsettling truth about this market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tortoise, Dec 28, 2009.

1. america is a war machine that needs another war to make up for the losses amounted in the last few years, don't get me wrong I'm not against war, almost all humans are no better than animals if not worse, so they can kill eachother all they want

#21     Dec 28, 2009
  2. I'll bet you it won't, america can dream on

I wonder if there is an online website we can bet on through, or is that illegal?!, I'm willing to bet up to $5000

oh that reminds me there is intrade, let me check it out ... oh just found this;

"Will Ayatollah Ali Khamenei depart as Supreme Leader of Iran?
    Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to depart as Supreme Leader of Iran before midnight ET 31 Dec 2009"

haha, ya right, no where in hell will that happen

#22     Dec 28, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

Did it feel this way back in 03? Or different?

#23     Dec 28, 2009
  4. 2003 was sort of similar.

Almost everyday the futures would gap up big overnight and the market would just drift around during the day.

The difference is that in 2003 things were actually getting better and computer programs weren't completely manipulating stocks the way they do now.

#24     Dec 28, 2009
  5. parker

parker

That government could potentially fall apart before even getting the bomb.

#25     Dec 28, 2009
  6. keep dreaming

why do humans like to live in hope, and assume what is best for them will happen without any effort on their side, and then politicians feed on this stupidity, and feed people as much false hope as possible

#26     Dec 28, 2009
  7. Logic

Logic

You could be right; I'm not saying that we or Israel will definitely attack Iran, I'm just saying it's a possibility to watch out for.

All part of the game of being a trader, right? Everything is an uncertainty; it's all about weighing the possibilities.

#27     Dec 28, 2009
  8. parker

parker

why do humans like to live in hope, and assume what is best for them will happen without any effort on their side, and then politicians feed on this stupidity, and feed people as much false hope as possible

what? How could Iran collapsing ever be what's best for me?

get back on your meds

#28     Dec 28, 2009
  9. I don't get why people in the intelligence agencies can't realize that the current iranian government is not the same as the one that existed before the islamic revolution, that the current iranian regime considers itself as "bad ass" as the US government considers itself a "bad ass", and like the US government, is willing to do everything and anything to keep itself in power

there are many similarities between the iranian government and the US government; bureaucracy has paralyzed both, more than half their population's income comes directly or indirectly from the government, they both profit from war, they both fund and support terrorism, and accuse eachother of being terrorists, they both try to neutralize eachother's efforts in the ME, they can't mind their own business and have to butt their heads into other countries business, they are both control freaks, etc

#29     Dec 29, 2009
  10. though I quoted your post, the statement wasn't directed at you, but rather at the people who have fed you this idea through the media, basically the US gov, they want to topple the iranian regime without much effort, they can keep dreaming, everything comes at a cost, you can't just sit there feeding yourself and others false hope just to keep your job

#30     Dec 29, 2009