The unraveling of a billionaire's mind

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pekelo, Aug 17, 2018.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

The man's downward spiral has been fascinating to observe. I think it's a combination of whatever personality issues he has and the media turning on him, which in turn feeds his issues which makes him act out in public and look even worse. It's a vicious circle.

#21     Aug 21, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

To celebrate Elon giving up Instagram, here is an image about The Man, His Dreams and The Mission:

[​IMG]

#22     Aug 21, 2018
    mlawson71 and jinxu like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Electric vehicles will never work until they can fulfill the same role as internal combustion engines. Go ahead and charge your Tesla to full capacity before you take a road trip across Texas, heading west, on I-10. When you start running out of gas, you can plan your trip to the nearest gas station before you become stranded. With an EV, if that gas station does not have a charging station, you are stuck for a long long while. This is not convenient at all.

I will not get an EV until...

A.) You can assure that no matter where I travel on this continent, I will always be able to "fill up" my EV in about 5 mins at any place I run low on "EV fuel" (electricity).

B.) If I happen to run out of EV "fuel" in the middle of nowhere, I can get enough "fuel" to get to the next "EV fuel station" through a service like AAA.

C.) It can be proven to me that the environmental impact of the manufacture of that car is more environmentally sensitive than making the same car with an IC engine, and that the impact of generating that electricity has less of an impact than the equivalent IC engine's fuel generation and usage.

The first hurdle will be A.), and that is a HUGE hurdle. So until A.) is resolved, the rest is irrelevant.

#23     Aug 21, 2018
    drcha likes this.
  4. jinxu

jinxu

That's a nice picture. Did you draw it?

#24     Aug 21, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

No I got it from a German magazine.

#25     Aug 22, 2018
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Who drew that picture? They're quite talented.

#26     Aug 22, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

No offense, but lots of well respected companies are doing the same and more: BA, NOC, LMT, LLL... just to name a few.

I do agree with you on this: He tends to overpromised and underdelivered big time with TSLA and I don't know how this can end well and stay away from TSLA.

Regards,

#27     Aug 22, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

Except for Paypal, none of his businesses ever became successful. A visionair is worthless if he cannot make money out of it. There are a lot of visionaries.

There are several people who are able to make lots of money by creating and selling a company. But the problem for some of them is that they think they can repeat it in any other business.
    I know a billionaire who sold his business and invested his billion in other projects. After a few years not a single one ever made money.

#28     Aug 22, 2018
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

Space X and Tesla seem to be doing well.

#29     Aug 23, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

The thread is about Elon's mental state...

If they were, Elon wouldn't have broken down... SpaceX is doing probably much better though because Elon has less time to screw up things there... :)

#30     Aug 23, 2018