The Unpatriotic blimp speaks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 28, 2009.

1. wjk

wjk

My outrage at the repubs occurred during Bubba's impeachment. And it was not false. That is when they began to lose my support.

W destroyed what was left of the pubs. The spending now is going to make W's small by comparison. And the fact that the pubs thought they could be popular by acting like dems and spending like there was no tomorrow does not justify the current spending spree by the dems.

I agree with you on the flawed theory part of your comments. I'm not convinced he is trying to fix it, however. I think he wants to remake it.

#11     Mar 1, 2009
  2. IMO guys - - - a lot of people get all emotional and caught up in the Dems vs. Reps game - - - while getting screwed by both of them. Look at what the lawyer/liars actually Do, not what they say. The true believers from both sides are being manipulated and played.

Just look at the bailout - backed by both sides - Bush & Obama to 'save the country' while money goes to the banks on the backs of the poor taxpayer. In the meantime government grows even bigger, and the politicians are even more entrenched. What a racket. Great work if you can find it. Really quite elegant if you think about it. - - -

#12     Mar 1, 2009
  3. It was interesting that Bush was bashed by attendees at CPAC. His hope that history will judge him well is harder to imagine if both Dems and Repubs are going to be bashing him.

The spending that is going to happen is pretty disturbing. I'm not sure how much spending in total was done during Bush's 8 years because the war spending was off-the-books. Adding it all in total and comparing it would be a better gauge.

#13     Mar 1, 2009
  4. W is like Nixon, there is no profit in defending him.

Obama is on track to become the second Carter. I guarantee you, in 2012 either Romney or Jindal will appear and say something along the lines of "morning in America", "government is not the solution government is the problem", "shining city upon a hill" and other worthless demagoguery.

Republicans made a calculated gamble: they believe the stimulus will fail and they want no part of it. Meanwhile, average people won't care when it all began and who started it and will quickly forget what republicans did during W years. Average people just want results and a smooth talking demagogue will appear promising to give them just that. It will be sad to see this all unfold because I believe the stimulus has no chance in hell of succeeding.

#14     Mar 1, 2009