The uniter vs the divider

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gtor514, Nov 3, 2012.

1. gtor514

gtor514

I'm here stating and arguing my view which is more than you can do unless it involves copying and pasting someone elses tripe.

Stick to the message? What message do you have?

#11     Nov 4, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

The message is in the essay, so read it.

#12     Nov 4, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Ricter is a communist. That's his message. He even purchased a farm so he could start a commune.

Ricter would have fit in well with the hippie movement of the 60's.

#13     Nov 4, 2012
  4. You are right that Romney was speaking to what he thought was a group of investors that could help him get into office. He's probably wishing now, that they had thrown that party like in the old days and every one could have worn white hoods over their faces. That way he could have denied what he said in the public eye.

As for Obama, again, not the best choice of words for a president to use, but basically what he is saying is 'I know you're pissed because the republican party has raped the economy, and all but murdered good will, so here's a chance to get back at them by voting for me and Hilary.'

#14     Nov 4, 2012
  5. And, there you go. Enough said. If you don't know, then try with a new thing called Google. If you are unaware about Google, then well, maybe stay home on Tuesday. However, I'm thinking you're just kidding.

#15     Nov 4, 2012
  6. He's the guy the lear jet is named after so liberals can skip over flyover country.

#16     Nov 4, 2012
  7. I am going to make a wild assumption PT, that you're joking of course. And, based on previous conversations, I think you know the creative genius of Norman Lear.

#17     Nov 4, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Different Lear, I have heard of Norman. But couldn't tell you what he's supposedly famous for.

#18     Nov 4, 2012
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's provide some help to this thread...

Norman Lear is a 'is an American television writer and producer who produced such 1970s sitcoms as All in the Family, Sanford and Son, One Day at a Time, The Jeffersons, Good Times and Maude. As a political activist, he founded the advocacy organization People For the American Way in 1981 and has supported First Amendment rights and progressive causes.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Lear

Or in other words -- he is the worse form of Hollywood liberal.

but heck I did watch All in the Family & Sanford and Son way back.

#19     Nov 4, 2012
  10. gtor514

gtor514

You agree that Romney's comments were to a small group and are not comparable to Obama's which were poorly chosen and to a much larger national stage. Yet you fail to address the point that the 47% comment was taken well out of context and in all honesty was a good one. Romney was simply stating a fact that his platform of lower taxes does not appeal to 47% simply because they don't pay taxes. Any rational person on the left or right can agree on this point.

I know you don't have an arguement against this point because you jumped immediately to the racist charge which is what any liberal does when he/she can't argue their case.

#20     Nov 4, 2012