The uniter vs the divider

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gtor514, Nov 3, 2012.

1. gtor514

gtor514

The divider...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6ZHMsivjr04?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The uniter...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OjX9Xn7IBro?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The choice of who should be president is clear to me.

2. I'd have to give Mitt a 47% rating on that speech.

3. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M2gvY2wqI7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Kinda funny , the left thinks mitts 47% comments are gaffes .

They could not be more wrong.

5. I will agree that what Obama said here was the wrong thing to say. And Mitt definitely capitalized on it, and said the right thing.

The score is still about 1,000,000 to 1,000 in favor of Obama, but there's still a couple of days for Mitt to turn it around.

6. Ricter

Ricter

The American vs. the Plutocrat

"I'm a story teller. And I keep thinking about the life stories of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. In some ways, both are right out of the American storybook. Of course, some of the details would indicate that the truth can be bent.

"One of them, more or less ignoring the true circumstances of his birth, generally chooses for the purposes of this election to begin his story in his early 20s, where he speaks of being more or less broke, that is to say without much money, more or less, and meets the love of his life, who he marries, and together they sail into the future on a shoestring, more or less.

"This candidate starts an investment firm, Bain Capital, for which he and his partner raise $25,000,000, on top of the $10,000,000, more or less, they invest personally. The half of $10,000,000 our candidate invests comes from somewhere, could be his parents, we're never told, but he goes on to make a truly great success, nonetheless, buying and selling companies without the need to actually develop or originate anything -- a monument, more or less and nonetheless, to the free enterprise system, and a nest egg for his family of hundreds of millions of dollars, more or less.

"Our second candidate was born to a white woman in Hawaii, fathered by a black man from Kenya, raised in part by Midwestern grandparents, who gave him a reasonably happy childhood. He started college, jumped to the Ivy League at Columbia. And then he took a job as a community organizer, about as far as you can get from the fast track to financial success, much less the White House.

"After a few years he made it to law school at Harvard, where he was the first black editor of its Law Review. Along the way he met and married another successful black attorney. He worked as a lawyer and helped register voters. And he worked hard at getting elected to the state legislature and then to the U.S. Senate. And then, in spite of the extraordinary odds against it, he ran for the presidency -- and won!

"So which of these stories is a better illustration of the American Dream? A privileged white guy, son of a governor, with a talent for making money? Or the guy with black skin and a white single mother, with a name like Barack Hussein Obama, who became president only after winning a hard-fought primary against an accomplished Senator and former First Lady and a general election against a decorated war hero? How's that for a story? How's that for the American Dream in action?

"There's more to the Barack Obama story, of course. There's the fact that he generates excitement and small donations from a huge number of Americans -- while the other candidate relies on Supreme Court decisions that put the presidency and many other offices on the auction block. There's the fact that he entrusted his opponent in the bitterly fought primary with one of the most important jobs in his administration -- and the world. There's the fact that he took over as leader of the free world just as the financial underpinnings of the world economy were collapsing in on themselves -- and is presiding over a slow, steady return to better days.

"America, nation of immigrants, is increasingly diverse in many ways. Mitt Romney stands in the way of a generation of DREAMers, and, along with his supporters, seems to be desperately fighting the story of America's future. But the future is coming, and Barack Obama will best lead us there.

"I believe the results on Tuesday will show that the American people, in the end, managed to sort out the two stories and was drawn to the one that seemed truer and more consistent with the American Dream."

Norman Lear
    03 Nov 2012

7. gtor514

gtor514

Who the f%*k is Norman Lear!

8. gtor514

gtor514

First of all the 47% comment was made to a small group of people and second and most importantly it was taken way out of context.

Obama is speaking to the entire country when he spoke of revenge. Revenge for what? Are my views and idealogy; which differ from the left, going to be characterized to a point that they demand revenge? What is the extent of the revenge? What payment will I have to make for my views? Will I have my rights taken away, or will I be put in jail? Will a bunch of 99%'s storm my home?

The bottom line is this; the left is starting to get real creepy to me.

9. obama's rise in politics is about on par with adolf Hitler's unlikely meteoric rise to power.

Both involved some pretty serious behind the scenes machinations.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Shrug. Who the f**k are you? Stick to the message.

#10     Nov 4, 2012