The United States is Finished!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by midlifeguy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I edited the quote to only leave the parts that were relevant.

The 9/11 attacks took several years to plan and implement. Since Bush had only been in office for 9 months when the attack happened, guess who was in office when it all started. Not to mention how would ANY president have prevented the attack. They can only make decisions based on the intel they have and thanks to the "walls" Clinton put between our various intelligence agencies we weren't prepared.

Yes Bush invaded Iraq. Clinton recommended it and made the case for it but was too chicken shit to do it before leaving office so Bush picked up the reigns. Yes it was probably a bad idea. Then again I guess if you were president you would have sat around playing guitar while Sadam Hussain slaughtered innocent people.

What should Bush have done while Katrina was destroying New Orleans? Fly down there and hold out his wooden staff and command the hurricane to hit Cuba instead? No one can control a hurricane all anyone can do is try to survive it and rebuild afterwards.

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. You forgot to respond to the "gave speech telling everyone to go shopping"

#22     Mar 17, 2008
  3. there were problems before bush took office. his government didn't put in the right people or policies to stop bubble's. they aided in the bubble and are responsible for the blow up thats just getting started.

#23     Mar 17, 2008
  4. cold

cold

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :p :p

you my pally will get everything you deserve for your ignorance

#24     Mar 17, 2008
  5. It says that they knew that Kerry would of been a fruitcake in the oval office.

#25     Mar 17, 2008
  6. bush voters always say this... kerry would have been worse, etc etc

do you honestly believe that? i think that's an excuse for a plain old terrible judgement call. not sure i can emphasize the 'terrible' part enough. terrible

#26     Mar 17, 2008
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, as opposed to bunkering down and stopping the economy.

Yes, keep shopping....keep buying houses, keep buying automobiles, keep buying LCD's,
    keep buyings airline tickets, keep golfing, keep traveling, keep trading

Keep demand for people working

Best advice one can give

#27     Mar 17, 2008
  8. Would you care to enlighten us with what you think should have been done?

#28     Mar 17, 2008
  9. just21

just21

Who changed the law in 1995 forcing banks to lend to anybody?

#29     Mar 17, 2008

10. Not to a shopaholic who isn't earning enough to pay for the purchases (or a couple of hundred million of them).

#30     Mar 17, 2008