The Ultimate Mobile Trading Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blowingup2012, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Yeah, well imagine how heavy a 17 inch laptop is:D

#11     Apr 22, 2012
  2. I toted an 18.5 inch laptop through multiple states and countries. If you throw in the AC adapter which seems like a brick it probably weighs about 10 lbs. At the time I bought it in 2009, there were two cases for it which were a backpack which was originally designed for HPs 20 inch laptop and a shoulder strap type case. I got both. The HP Backpack not only fits the 18.5 inch laptop, but it also fits two 15.4 inch laptops. It was originally designed for a 20 inch laptop so there is a lot of room.

I worked on the huge 18.4 inch laptop for a time taking it Starbucks and other places. I didnt mind the size after a while. The shoulder strap case looked almost like a piece of carry-on luggage, but no one cared and some people even stopped to comment how they have never seen such a huge laptop. Trading on the big monster was pretty cool and just doing about anything was pretty cool. When I switched back down to the lower resolution 15.4 inch Lenovos, it seemed almost like I was on some throwback display from yesteryear. It just didnt look the same. I borrowed a 10 inch netbook once and it seemed like I was on an old piece of junk from yesteryear. I couldnt do anything with that.

I love the big 18.4 inch monster, but it isnt too portable and airports nowadays are less friendly towards carry-ons then ever before. If I was going to go on a long vacation or relocate for a while and needed to trade then I would take it with me. I feel like this is the portable trading machine. Nowdays, there is only the Acer Ethos and the Alienware M18 which are the only 18 inch laptops sold today.

Once you have a chance to look at a wide screen which doesnt hurt the eyes and have all that space to type you will love it too. It wont disappoint. I dont think you can work on anything less then 14 inches for very long. I would say if you are looking for something which blends portability and practicality then there is the Lenovo T series.

#12     Apr 22, 2012
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Yes, you are right about that, but that's part of the fun, see how many charts you can cram on a 10" screen. Last year I had a 60" plasma screen in my office, felt like I was trading at the movies, had sterio, starwars, LOL

But I originally questioned are there any tablets that can use a wired mouse because I use the middle button often.

Thanks

#13     Apr 22, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Wait. Are you saying you're one of those guys who can trade without any reference to charts?

#14     Apr 22, 2012
  5. Ipad + VPS loaded with your trading platform = Live out of a hotel or RV and travel the world...take your pick

#15     Apr 22, 2012
  6. Yeah Ive got a t420. The thing is a beast, I run 2 monitors off it and a bunch of trading software. I cant make it slow down no matter how hard I try.

#16     Apr 22, 2012
  7. What VPS you use for your trading platform ?

#17     Apr 22, 2012
  8. Amazon AWS

#18     Apr 22, 2012
  9. Dipshit, you were the one who said your first post was your last.
    You have serious problems.

I hope a court or your parents order you to go see a psychologist.....you obviously wont be doing it yourself. Loser.

#19     Apr 22, 2012
  10. I used AWS too - I switched to a Chicago and NYC data centers though because of proximity to the exchange.

#20     Apr 22, 2012