The Ultimate Futures Trading Camp...???

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by charlie77, Dec 13, 2002.

1. virgin

virgin

"Good wine sells itself "

so there should be no need at all
    to market Jason's seminar.....

Think about it.....

#51     Dec 21, 2002
  2. OK, reality check please. SUCCESSFUL TRADING CANNOT BE TAUGHT. I don't care who's teaching. (nothing against your guy)

It does take balls to charge $6k for a seminar - your implication that I'm a small time player because I say that, misses the point. What - if he made $100 million, then it would be justified to charge $100k? The bigger the profits of the trainer, the more the fee? That's ridiculous. He can show what he does, but he cannot cause other to reproduce his success, cause you can't teach successful trading.

Please don't take too much offense to what I write here.
    I'm not knocking your seminar, it may very well be worth it to some people, but it's gonna cost you $6k to find out!

He certainly is smart because any smart trader knows that however talented you may be, a GUARANTEED $36,000 paycheck for a week of training is better than the ALWAYS QUESTIONABLE paycheck from trading. Anyone who COULD fetch such a price for holding a seminar would be an idiot not to do so.

#52     Dec 22, 2002
  3. This seminar is put on by Train2Trade and they are getting a majority of the $6,000 fee to cover Marketing and expenses. So the reason why I made the comment that it may not be worth it, is because there really isn't a financial gain for him personally. He does lve to teach though!

If this is succesful and he can still trade during the seminar, then he would definitely want to do this again. But all he will do the math and figure it out, I am sure.

I started answering on this thread, when I noticed it on the ET site. It has really gotten out of hand. Out target for this seminar isn't the typical ET poster, so the seminar and this thread has created some controversy.

I didn't intend to turn this into an Ad campaign for the Seminar, but after looking at all of my posts it sure looks that way. I will only answer questions that may help the poster for now on! It is getting a little out of hand.

#53     Dec 22, 2002
  4. I have a pretty good idea! Have a Great Holiday!

#54     Dec 22, 2002
  5. sabena

sabena

Succesfull trading is learned not

taught...

You can sit 1000 hours in the seat

of the co-pilot in a 747 and watch

the commandant in action, as long

as he doesn't give you full control

over the airplane, you will never

feel the emotions and sensations

that go along with flying the plane.

The same emotions and sensations

that can block you from making the

right decisions when there rises

a technical problem....

A friend of mine is commandant in a

737, I had the opportunity to make

some maneuvres on my own....

Man, that feeling doesnt' come

close to taking a 50 contract

position in the Emini's......:p

I also like teaching trading to others

and I ask 000,-$ for that.

If a stranger would ask me to

teach him, I just would ask that

he gives a few 1000,-$ to an

organization like UNICEF and I

get the pleasure of teaching.....

P.S. Riskless, I believe you are
    following your intuition >
    one step in the good direc-
    tion.....:p

#55     Dec 22, 2002
  6. This class is not designed to teach a Trader how to trade. It is designed for Experienced Traders that are used to doing it one way and want to see another way. Basically, the course is designed for Floor Traders that realize that their way of trading will soon come to an end and they want to learn about making the transition from the floor or from the equities arena into Futures on the screen.

The CME and CBOT floor traders need to find out why they have lost the edge. They also need to find out where the edges are in Electronic Trading. If they don't they will lose their living! The CME promoted a Seminar called Ask The Experts and Jason was asked to present. When over 100 Traders from the CME floor came to his seminar, it was evident that they were interested in what he had to say.

If a guy is consistently making money every day, then he probably has an edge that may be useful. This seminar is not designed for newcomers to trading, but well capitalized traders that would know right away if they wasted their money. The only reason why it ever hit the ET thread was Charlie 77 asked about it. He was not a good candidate for this class and I told him that!

8 days in a very well organized setting with systems and a place to trade could never be delivered at no cost. This guy is mentoring traders all the time for free, but they have access to him. This thing is providing access to him in a controlled environment.

I really like what you had to say about UNICEF and it great to hear that there are people in this business with that attitude. Good luck and I hope that you find the best possible rates for trading your size. Have a Great Holiday!

#56     Dec 22, 2002
  7. There are still opening for the Jan 25th- 8 day seminar!

Two seminars are planned in February and the first one scheduled for February 8th is sold out. This course is designed for expereinced traders looking for the edge in the Futures Market.

This is not for beginners!

#57     Jan 13, 2003
  8. 5 people are currently attending the Seminar and it is going extremely well. 2 attendees have told me that it is the Best course that they have ever taken. This is very good news for Train2Trade. 1 seminar on February 8th is already sold out to Experienced floor traders from the S&P pit.

A second Seminar on February 22nd looks like it will be sold out as well. These seminars are directed at experienced traders that want to learn how someone is getting the edge in the Minis.

The ideal candidates are current or former Floor Traders from the CME and CBOT!!

#58     Jan 27, 2003
  9. On February 8th, Jason Stratton presented a Seminar for Experienced traders. 10 successful and well known traders from the S&P pit attended. 6 of those traders have committed to Trade in the FFastTrade Arcade and have contracted with Jason for continual mentoring. This is a clear sign that the Seminar was effective.

In January, the Ultimate Trading Camp was held with 5 students in attendance. The attendees were a mix of Experienced and New traders. The students were very satisfied with the content and the presentation, but because of the fact that the methodology needs additional vendor services, the success of the students in implementing the strategies has yet to be proven.

Due to the success of the February Seminar, Train2Trade has chosen to use the shortened and less expensive format in March. Jason is going to present two seminars aimed at experienced Floor Trader and Equity Traders this month.

Trade with the Edge!!! 2 classes offered at $2,000 per session:

1. All day Saturday March 8th with Live Training on the 10th or 11th:

2. All day Saturday March 22nd with Live Training on the 24th or 25th:

These seminars are aimed at Experienced Traders that want to make the transition from Equities or Open Outcry to the Electronic Futures Market. Any interested parties should PM me and I'll get them the info.

#59     Feb 25, 2003
  10. I'm very skeptical. I'd like to hear from people who have attended some of these "trading schools", not only marketing hype. Also let's see the account statements to back up all of these spectacular claims.

#60     Mar 6, 2003