The Ultimate Futures Trading Camp...???

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by charlie77, Dec 13, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

enter random order put in stop loss at 6k, move stop up when 5p in money, it should last longer than taking a seminar.

#41     Dec 20, 2002
  2. tampa

tampa

...I know what you mean - good god, they charge even more to teach you how to be a bookkeeper, and even more than that if you want to learn how to be a lawyer or something. The nerve of that guy!!!

#42     Dec 20, 2002
  3. I don't think you are getting it! I can Guarantee that this seminar is not for you! Your Larry Williams quote is a perfect example of someone missing the point! He won a contest 15 years ago!!!

During this seminar, Jason is going to spend 8 full days teaching 6 students his methodology. He will demonstrate his methods right in front of them. He is going to take the majority of the week out of trading and I can tell you that it is about a scratch for him if he gets most of the Revenue at $6,000. He is not! This is a sacrafice for him! So saying he has a lot of balls asking $6,000 is coming from someone that does not make the kind of money he does.
    This is his first seminar!!! These other guys spend a great deal of time marketing and then they teach the seminars. They can afford to spend a great deal of time on this because they don't make that much money trading.

It is apparent that none of the last three posters are even slightly interested. Pay $3500 for a Larry Williams seminar or a Tom Busby seminar and that will be VALUE! They will tell you exactly how to get rich!

We'll stick to offering this Seminar to people that realize what they are getting.

1. Guys migrating from the Exchange Floor that need to learn where the edge is in scalping on the Electronic Makrets.

2. Stock traders that are struggling and want to move to Futures. These are all traders that will make decisions in split seconds: Daytraders that trade Flow!

HE DOESN'T HAVE A FORMULA THAT GIVES LEVELS! HE TRADES FLOWS AND THE CHANGES IN FLOWS THAT OCCUR OVER SECONDS NOT OVER DAYS OR HOURS.

Good Luck and have a Great Holiday!

#43     Dec 20, 2002
  4. i am surprised that people get in a huff about a person who would ask $6,000 for information/instruction to take experienced traders to another level. if its 8 days and 7.5 hours a day, that's $100 an hour. about twice (or perhaps less) than what the roto-rooter guy charges.

the point is not: "wow, nothing is worth $6,000." that will never be the point, 'cause you can make that back in ONE trade.

the point is: "is the guy truly gifted as a trader and INSTRUCTOR." trading allows one financial freedom like very few things in this world. freedom of movement (no fixed location), no boss, no limitations on income, etc - not to mention you get to do something interesting that you love and are passionate about. how much would someone pay for that kinda knowledge/freedom. the point is that the guy has to be imparting some sort of insight that cannot be viewed on tape or read in a book for a lot less.

in most professions, you will work hard for 5 to 7 years for someone ELSE on a fee split or modest salary before you can go it alone - that is, to reach true competency. and that is if you can even get your foot in the door! from there, you get to start by leasing space or buying a small building, buying/leasing office equipment, hiring support staff, etc. - you get the idea - and remember, there is no guarantee of success. sure, some might do it faster, but others never really get there. and others start their business only to see it fail and they go back to work for someone else. plus there are seminars, licensing issues, continuing education, etc. its not cheap!

so, if you want to say the guy cant trade and cant teach, that's one thing. fine - enough said! i havent really heard anyone say that. the issue isnt the fee, its the teacher. i wonder if people would have their underwear all scrunched up if the guy was asking $99.95.

and another thing, i have found that many of the most competent people in their professions, also tend to be the most gracious with their time. many people find a mentor by accident or are attracted to them for some reason, and the mentor imparts the knowledge and tutelage for FREE!

and one last thought: the best charge the most for their time, because they also have an opportunity cost (and their time is most valuable). paying top dollar for the best is much cheaper than paying "the going rate" for a mediocre practitioner in any field of endeavor.

#44     Dec 21, 2002
  5. Where did you come from?

That's the best post I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for that! Make a lot of sense to me! My company paid $12,000 for a Tony Saliba Options Market Making class 13 Years ago and I am still reaping benefits from it. When I heard that CRT was going to pay that much I said forget it and give me a bigger bonus! Short-sighted and Young! I learned though!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

#45     Dec 21, 2002
  6. trendy

trendy

Is it fair to tout Jason's astounding 1000% per quarter track record, but not provide any method to verify the accuracy of the statement?

[From FFasttrade website] "Jason trades the NASDAQ E-mini and E-mini S&P futures contracts and over three years has only had two losing months whilst consistently returning 1000% every quarter..."

How about a written statement from his accountant verifying the results? Has anyone from FFasttrade actually independently verified the 1000%/qtr., or are you just taking his word for it?

#46     Dec 21, 2002
  7. We have been through that! Look at the preceding posts.

That line was on the Train2Trade website not FFastTrade's website and it will be changed! It started as a verbal quote!

The premise for the line was:

The account started with $25,000 and consistently earned more that $250,000 each quarter over 3 years. (this is not 1,000% quarterly)

I have informed the Marketing people at Train2Trade that this should not be quoted and it is in the process of removal. That result is not 1000% per quarter, but it is a substantial return for a Scalper and implies consistency.

This has been retracted several times and it was removed from everything except for the line on the Train2Trade website! This is getting done now!

The fact is the Seminar is directed at an Experienced Audience, so incorrect marketing claims get blasted out of the water. This is the case. Traders who have been around this guy know how good he is and I have seen him make money day in and day out since late July. That I can definitely attest to.

Other than that please disregard the marketing error!

#47     Dec 21, 2002
  8. trendy

trendy

How about this as a marketing tool for the seminar? A portion of each attendee's $6,000 fee goes into a combined trading account that Jason trades for the week. All profits rebated to the attendees at the end of the seminar.

If Jason routinely turns $25,000 into $250,000 every quarter, that would be an average of 75% return on that $25,000 every week. Based on this, maybe not 75%, but a substantial portion of whatever monies goes into that trading account should be able to be rebated back.

So, not only do the attendees get the advantage of Jason's knowledge, they also get the advantage of his personal trading prowess.

I don't know, maybe your seminars will sell-out regardless, but it would make me think twice about signing up.

Just a thought.

In any event, the best of luck to you, your firm, and Jason.

#48     Dec 21, 2002
  9. Trendy,

This is Jason's first seminar and it may be his last because it is getting a little crazy! The entire thing has caused a lot of confusion and has raised eyebrows due to some mistakes in marketing it. I think that this is unfortunate, but the guy doesn't need to do seminars and the more complicated and messy it gets, why bother. He really does like to teach though!

I like your idea from a Marketing standpoint, but he is going to be teaching most of the week during the seminar and not really trading. I am sure that he will show the Attendees how to trade during announcements and things like that but I have a feeling he won't be putting up his usual numbers. If he does produce results and teach at the same time, I am sure that he would do this again! Remember, he has 7 guys who look to him for mentoring everyday already.

Thanks for the idea!

Take care and have a great holiday!

#49     Dec 21, 2002
  10. virgin

virgin

RISKLESS,

YOU are not getting it who I am...!!

One day you will see.......:D

#50     Dec 21, 2002