The Ultimate Futures Trading Camp...???

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by charlie77, Dec 13, 2002.

1. I totally agree with you about wasting money on overpriced seminars and gadgets!

I know people that go to 4 to 5 of these seminars a year! They basically scramble several different methodologies and it becomes a cluster f*****! They will never make money through confusion!

I heard a story about a very famous Trading Guru!

He puts on 3 day Seminars for $3500 per person and gets about 25-30 people to attend each time. He does this twice a month or so.

One month he Advertised a Seminar:

The Forgotten Secret of Futures Trading! ($2995)

A friend of mine took a flight with the presenter to the location of the seminar the night before and asked him what the secret was?

The Expert told him that he didn't know yet, but he would think of something by the start of the seminar. Over $75,000 was booked already in his bank account!!!

MARKETING GENIUS- Trading Scam Artist!

This guy Jason is the real deal! He makes money and he is willing to share his methods! This is not too common!

#21     Dec 18, 2002
  2. Yannis

Yannis

Charlie,

Although I do not have a lot of specific information about the seminars you mentioned, I would strongly advise you against paying so much money for them.

In the past, I too have taken expensive seminars, including the two you have taken and you mentioned upfront: TI and Pristine. They were great, and I certainly benefited from them, but they didn't turn me into a successful trader. Again, I respect their methodologies and still use them, but in retrospect they were not the answer.

I don't think that the new seminars that you have identified, whatever they may say, and however aggressively they may be pushed, especially from people who may mean well but have a vested interest, will do this for you, either.

The key to successful trading, for me, was found elsewhere.

My suggestion for you is to focus on a simple technique or two, get a good chatroom to have friends to bounce stuff off and a way to get feedback for some of your own ideas, go through considerable papertrading and then simulator-based trading until your doubts about your mehod and skill dissolve, and a make a deep commitment that you'll apply strong discipline, and that you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going after every lapse. If you have it in you to become a good trader, that will work.

What I'm talking about does not cost $6,000. However, can you muster the strength to do it? If you can't do it now, I believe that you'll need to come back to this decision later, after the newness of the new super-seminar has evaporated, and try it again.

Good luck! :)

#22     Dec 19, 2002
  3. rcreal

rcreal

I talked to Tom Chlada at length about the seminar yesterday.

Tom has some good things to say about Jason and his group.

The methodology seemed to be geared towards short term plays (scalping) using news and stepping ahead (or along with) the program traders playing the futues side of the risk arb.

One "yellow" flag, acknowledged by Tom, was that Jason would not be making his track record available. The reason provided was Jason's attorney/tax consultant advised against it.

I also requested Jason give me a call after the market close so I could speak w/him. The phone may have been busy a few minutes, but I never got a call.

Guess I'm not important enough :)

I'll be passing on this ... though it might be interesting.

#23     Dec 19, 2002
  4. Rich,

Two things:

1. 3 people, including myself spent a great deal of time going over the plusses and minuses of this seminar for you. I personally was on the phone with you for close to an hour, not to sell you anything but to give you the right angle to this. I told you that I did not think it would be for you, because of the way you described your business.

2. Jason had several calls to make after the close and by the time he was done with his work, it was after 6:00 PM.

Even the slightest implication that you were not given a great deal of attention is false. I take offence to even the slightest insinuation that we are misleading you. I told you the facts.

I do not know your motives, but I truly don't appreciate your methods. I also don't appreciate the way you delivered your message.

#24     Dec 19, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

wow, one humble comment

and you get this

I don't think you win any customer today.

#25     Dec 19, 2002
  6. Sorry about the BS, but we spent a ton of time giving this guy all of the information possible about systems, APIs and trading strategies etc.etc. with the knowledge that the Course was probably not for him. Then he acts like he was slighted. I spent an hour just chatting about my experience and how things trade, then he sends a message out about not being important enough!

I don't want him for a client! Give him a call and see if he want to come to Mobile???

#26     Dec 19, 2002

7. Riskless, I for one agree with you. I spent an hour or so on the phone with you, and you didn't even know who I was - a total stranger to you, but you still took the time out of your day (actually it was at night and you were still in the office) to speak with me. This was several months ago and you probably don't remember.

You and the rest of the guys at FFast are truly class acts. Keep up the good work.

#27     Dec 19, 2002
  8. Aaron

Aaron

I don't understand what the downside of making an accurate track record available is. Why would Jason have been advised against it?

If it was a lousy track record, I would think the downside would be in not making it public: "I paid him to teach me how to trade profitably and he committed fraud by not revealing that he actually has a lousy record and is not qualified to teach profitable trading. I want my money back." But this isn't the case here. Jason has a good track record and I would think it would be to his advantage to go on record with it.

#28     Dec 19, 2002
  9. rcreal

rcreal

Riskless (Tom?) -

I'm sorry that you were offended by my post. No intention of ruffling any one's feathers.

The information I posted represents facts that I considered and others may want to consider. $6k + expenses + 8 days away from business is a large expenditure.

We talked at length about the seminar - true.

You has some good things to say about Jason and his group - true.

You acknowledged the "yellow flag" that Jason would not be publically disclosing his track record (previously mentioned) - true.

You provided me info on the seminar and techniques taught and used - true.

The call I requested from Jason did not manifest - true.

I'm not misrepresenting how I was treated ... the comment about "guess I'm not important enough" is a joke (hence the little :) ).

Tom and Susan spoke to me on the phone (about 1.5 hours total) and I expressed my appreciation for that.

I don't have any motivation or biased for or against your company. I wish you well with your company and Jason's workshop.

Moderator ... please delete my post ... please delete my account. Ban me from the website. Take me out back and shoot me! :)

(the last line above is a joke)

Again, if you were offended, I'm sorry.

#29     Dec 19, 2002
  10. virgin

virgin

Yes Aaron I agree with you..!

What could be damaging to Jason
    if he HAS a profitable track record.....

Maybe that people expect that
    they can imitate his results immedia-
    tely......

Give us a good reason.....

#30     Dec 20, 2002