The U.S. Middle Class Is Being Wiped Out:The U.S. Middle Class Is Being Wiped Out

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nickdes

nickdes

Don't wonder anymore about Mexico, they are here, and millions more are coming!!!!!

#11     Jul 16, 2010
  2. LeeD, I have a problem with # 5.
    imho, I'd say it's MUCH higher than 43%.
    Probably around 60%, honestly.
    ymmv, fwiw, etc.

#13     Jul 16, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

I just listed all the statistics from the article linked in the opening post. I haven't checked the figures independently, and the figure in 1) may be as old as 2001.

#14     Jul 16, 2010
  4. Muhahahhaha

You are so funny, thanks for the laugh during my breakfast

#15     Jul 16, 2010
  5. The irony of course, is that globalization slowed/stopped wage growth for the average american worker thru global wage arbitrage.

Did the elites ever bother to think that wage stagnation is catastrophic to a debt based monetary system that relies on ever growing credit expansion to handle interest servicing?

No wonder the financial system is effectively nationalized. If it were not - we'd be shooting squirrels in our backyards for dinner.

Goldman Sachs by the way, is not ethical. The 6 biggest TBTF banks do not make money on banking as much as they do on speculation - with very few, if any, losing days. They are parasitic on the economy.

Goldman Sachs does not have to break laws when it controls the laws. So I guess, one could argue they are ethical. But when the entire system is a Ponzi system... do ethics really exist?

#16     Jul 16, 2010
  6. Remember fellas, Obama has been in charge for 18 months. The Democrats have had possession of the Senate since 2007.

Not GS' fault.

#17     Jul 16, 2010
  7. Do you really think this crisis is one of political parties? It's a monetary system crisis. The Banks are only taking advantage of it.

It's beyond political party rescue. It will resolve on its own through inevitable collapse.

Show me one fiat debt based monetary system in history that did not ultimately collapse.

#18     Jul 16, 2010
  8. Reagan and his trickle down nonsense coming home to roost.

Keep on electing republicans. These bastards are more criminally incompetent and more corrupt than most politicians in third world shit holes.

You vote for a Republican? then expect a rapid economic collapse into third world standards. Most of these bastards come from third world-like southern states. It's normal for them.

#19     Jul 16, 2010
  9. I'll pick #14 too. With benefits, the average Fed worker makes 64% more than the average peasant, not 60% of what the average worker makes.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-04-federal-pay_N.htm

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

The typical federal worker is paid 20% more than a private-sector worker in the same occupation.

Federal: $66,591
    Private: $55,500
    Difference: $11,091

These salary figures do not include the value of health, pension and other benefits, which averaged $40,785 per federal employee in 2008 vs. $9,882 per private worker, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

#20     Jul 16, 2010