The two best Super Bowl ads

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tom B, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Exactly what I was trying to say. Well put.

#11     Feb 9, 2010
  2. Ditto my previous comment.

In an odd way, the audi and dodge commercials had the same theme, ie our society and culture suck, but our cars will help you cope. Wonder if they were from the same agency?

#12     Feb 9, 2010
  3. I noticed something odd in the SB commericals. They often had two commercials with the same joke one right after the other. Generally, in broadcasting it has always been the practice to avoid running ads in a way that they conflict with each other. You wouldn't want to run a Ford ad right after a Chevy one for example.

They had the Tebow ad, where he "tackled" his mom, right after the one with the elderly woman getting "tackled" playing football. Odd. Then they had the one with a group of guys in their underwear right after the one with the office workers in their underwear. Very odd and somewhat disturbing. I thin there were a couple of other odd groupings.

All in all, I thought the vast majority of the commercials were lame. Very little real humor or originality. I do give the audi eco ad good marks for being original, even if I didn;t care for the message.

#13     Feb 9, 2010
  4. TGregg

TGregg

I noticed that as well. Somebody thinks that men prancing around in tighty whiteys is pretty funny, they even did it twice in Talladega Nights.

Remember the Monster or CareerBuilder commercials from before? With the monkeys? Those were good commercials. Most of these were of average quality, IMO.

I agree about the Dodge commercials. They send a message alright, and that message is "I am 100% pwned. My wife has my balls locked up and put away and I don't even remember what they look like anymore."

#14     Feb 9, 2010