The Tuesday Fade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by blast19, Mar 20, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

He will do it again, he knows there are problems all over yet he will talk as if everything is just great in this goldilocks economy. We may have seen the dow gain 150+ points in 2 days, which im not that really surprised since "were still in a bull market" but I wouldnt be surprised to see the market sell off again this time closing below 12k. That would get the bulls thinking.

#11     Mar 20, 2007
  2. I genuinely don't think he wants market runs or drops to be attributable to his statements, S2K.

I think he is still finding his bearings on market responses to what he says.

That doesn't mean your prediction won't come true, of course.

#12     Mar 20, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I remember how hated he was in mid 2006, now helicopter ben is the best thing that ever happened to wallstreet.

#13     Mar 20, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

they might fade it....

#14     Mar 20, 2007
  5. didn't goldilocks wake up with three bears glaring down at her and get run off never to return?

#15     Mar 20, 2007
  6. blast19

blast19

LMAO...Bernanke could be those three bears and his bearded grin might scare goldilocks.

If the markets were looking for any sympathy in the form of a future rate cut, they didn't do anything for the cause by rallying on prices expected to remain steady.

#16     Mar 20, 2007
  7. piezoe

piezoe

When is the last time anyone heard a Fed chief say "Hey folks, sorry to report the economy is in the dumper?" It's not going to happen. The report, on its surface -- no matter how dismal the findings, will always be phrased to sound up-beat. If there is no rate adjustment announced, then it's what's imagined to be between the lines that the street will react to. And where imagination steps in, rationality exits. The market could go either way. So why not just wait until we see which direction it's going to move and react accordingly?

Of course if we're talking about ex-Fed Chiefs, then "the economy is in the dumper" is fine and dandy.

#17     Mar 20, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

:D :D :D :D :D

#18     Mar 20, 2007
  9. Kudlow is trying to find a vein on Goldilocks. He's going to need Ben to provide the smack, though.

Ben probably will.

#19     Mar 20, 2007
  10. If we want action we need Greenspan to speak.

#20     Mar 20, 2007