The TudorJones official hedge fund fan club thread

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Reaver, Mar 14, 2008.

1. He really screwed up his name. His name is TWO DOOR JONES. Any money you give him goes in one door AND OUT THE OTHER.

#51     Mar 15, 2008
  2. LOL exactly.

#52     Mar 15, 2008
  3. LOL good one HG. :p

#53     Mar 15, 2008
  4. Yeah you're right. I can't explain to you how bored I was yesterday. LOLOL

Thanks for the intervention EPrado. :p

Have a good one man.

#54     Mar 15, 2008
  5. OK.. . I could've just said I manage a random $2.85 million and didn't have to explain much else.

But, my client funds and my funds are not separte due to my entity stucturing that is optimal for the particular money making methods that I employ.

ASK ME MORE !!! I'm the best resource anyone anywhere has.

#55     Mar 15, 2008

6. Well you could have said a random anything really, but that's the point, how can funds that clients have lodged with you be random unless they're infrequently depositing and withdrawing cash whenever they fancy? If that's the case then it must make money management and proportioning a nightmare, suddenly finding clients have withdrawn big wads of cash and perhaps left you in danger of a margin call! What kind of show are you running there, it doesn't sound very professional to me.

And this simply doesn't make any sense "my client funds and my funds are not separte due to my entity stucturing that is optimal for the particular money making methods that I employ" :confused:

#56     Mar 16, 2008
  7. It means he's running a Ponzi scheme.

He gave up on the trading thing a long time ago ...

#57     Mar 16, 2008

8. Ah right, now that sounds more likely from what I've read so far!

#58     Mar 16, 2008
  9. Lock in periods of 3 year minimum means I don't have to worry about withdrawals anytime soon. By then I'll hire an accountant to keep up with the up to the minute exact balance and will have it set up in a way where my clients can check it on my website. I'm still a start up fund... still has a long ways to go.

#59     Mar 16, 2008
  10. I'm using various methods and techniques to diversify and manage risk so that we can conservatively and consistently hit returns of 20% for my investors. No reason to take unwanted risk and put all my money in one idea or strategy.

#60     Mar 16, 2008