The truth, I'll prove it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wwatson1, May 15, 2004.

1. Interesting duality there - sometimes ya feel big and sometimes ya feel small.

Agree with your point though -- once you make it, you have nothing to prove and it's kind of a holy shit, I made it.

#11     May 15, 2004
  2. Yup, noone else in this business is profitable. Quit while you're ahead because it appears you're on a lucky streak.

#12     May 15, 2004
  3. If you believe that no one in the industry is profitable then it would seem like the height of stupidity for you to endeavor on that same path. Yet you are. Why would you bother with a "learning curve" if you believe profitability is impossible? Maybe because you don't really believe it?

Perhaps you should run along and pursue something that you would truly love doing and leave all of us poor saps to wallow in our unprofitable misery. :cool:

Regards,
    Dr. Zhivodka

#13     May 15, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

wwatson.....Can you say "checkmate"?

#14     May 15, 2004
  5. taigong

taigong

After 7-8 years, you still have not figured out what is doable and what is not in trading and come up this this kind of post?

what a waste of time.

#15     May 15, 2004
  6. JohnK

JohnK

wwatson,

This challenge sounds a lot like that old story of the man who approached a goodlooking woman in a bar and challenged her to prove to him that she was a good lover. If she did and won the bet, he'd give her $100.

What on Earth was that idiot thinking? That if she refused to comply to that %%$$##@@ ludicrous demand and said no to his face, she'd be adimitting that she was a bad lover?

What are YOU thinking, wwatson? :)

----------

Now, how did that story end? I forget... Oh yes, she laughed and winked and told him that her regular price was $5, but she'd do it for $100, noooo problemo!

At which point, he, of course, turned and ran. :p

#16     May 15, 2004
  7. le140

le140

This is an off the wall thinking that most traders have and of course would make them lose whatever edge they have in the market right of the bat.

Good luck to all that have this kind of thinking and my advice is please go play somewhere else or the other 10% winners will eat your lunch.

#17     May 15, 2004
  8. Osman

Osman

theres a good number of ETers who put themselves out there in the chat rooms during the trading day and also the journals, where some reveal more than they have to. I don't believe you need to check people's accounts to realize the they know what they are talking about.

#18     May 15, 2004
  9. I agree that there are many here that don't make $$$. But, the ones making bank usually have nothing to prove to anyone. It's like the old saying "a true master needs to prove nothing."

But I also agree that if many knew how hard it was to make money or to become consistently profitable they would not do it. Most read the failure statistics at the beginning and think "oh I'm different, I'll make money." I guess it's just one of the flaws of being human.

#19     May 15, 2004
  10. Quah... lol

:D

#20     May 15, 2004