The truth about TRADING. Can you handle it?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To some of my clients I am Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

That is why volume dries up around those times of year!

Who else can help cut down the learning curve by a couple of years?

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

#41     Oct 22, 2007
  2. prix

prix

Alex,

Don't kid yourself, you are a snake oil salesman otherwise you would not be working hard for a living as a profitable daytrader.
    Your trading is a pity, your risk vs reward ratio is a pity and when the trend reverses it usually catches you with your pants down and takes you about 90 minutes to readjust your weak mindset.

A thief in my eyes.

Prix

#42     Oct 22, 2007
  3. listen... i don't know Alex's methods, but why is everyone picking on the guy? How do you know he is not making money trading... How do you know reversals catch him with his pants down? (unless he doesn't use stops at all).

Why are we hating each other so much?

Really now!

#43     Oct 22, 2007
  4. Hey Alex

Quick question if I may. Someone said that you advocate the use of a 14 point stop on your YM trades. This obviously means that you are trading off of something longer than 1 minute bars, right? Can you tell me what time frames your charts are set up in and what you teach your clients about the risk/reward parameters of your method? I would be curious to know what your expectation is for your system. Obviously if you are teaching others to trade using a method, you have a lot of experience with that method and you have a large number of trades from which to mine data and figure out the average ratio of winners to losers.

I would also be curious about the average size of a winner vs. the average size of a losing trade, as this would help me figure out whether the 14 point stop you are advocating for your YM trades is part of a potentially profitable approach (of course I will need you to give me that average win/loss ratio as well). Again, I am sure that since you are teaching this mehtod, it must be a well established winning method that you have traded yourself and one on which you have compiled a lot of data.

Since this information must be publicly available (obviously; you couldn't very well advocate your clients' use of a system about which these questions haven't been answered), I'm sure you'll be forthcoming about it.

Thanks
    Nik

#44     Oct 22, 2007
  5. this should point to whether the system is a losing one or a winning one.

great question, Nik.

I am also curious....

#45     Oct 22, 2007
  6. prix

prix

There is no method, it is called "The Trigger" if you want to know what "The Trigger" is he will show you for the hefty sum of a 5000 mentorship since the monthly fee won't get you crap.

Now, to save anyone 5000 bucks here is the method. Big ass stops, quick targets to make up an illusion of a winning system. Obviously at the end of the month the system is a loser due to the obscene stops. They had a contest of discipline, to see who could follow the calls, and the winner, their most disciplined follower, could not get a winning month out of it, his words. On top of that the idiotic Max Span which is the most ridiculous thing you can imagnie, another loser and crooked track record rigged by the latency of the Internet.

Avoid at all costs.

Prix

#46     Oct 22, 2007
  7. nidarian

nidarian

Agreed.

He is snake oil, pure BS if you ask me, the video is also BS. He doesn’t trade, not profitably anyway, absolutely no way.

#47     Oct 22, 2007
  8. Foot in the mouth time? The rules for 'The Trigger' are fully available to all our trial and full members. Basically for $10 bucks. So if thats a hefty sum of money then your in the wrong business.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#48     Dec 2, 2007
  9. Gyles

Gyles

#49     Apr 1, 2008
  10. Cheese

Cheese

There is something of value in the Puretick video but it is no way a masterpiece.

It is correct in noting that noobs take the wrong track. They get into the blame game (ET is full of it), blaming anything else and every other thing for their failure. They are not going to spend the time needed to get better at this game because it can take a long time. They are not going to make the effort needed, however great they think their effort is or has been. And trying to become a trader weeds out the losers or quitters; thats not going to leave very many, if any.

But this is my stance. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It is a complete and accurate methodology which nails down ALL the loose ends. You can then utilize as fully as possible the daily offerings of huge numbers of points in many markets (CL, ES, YM, etc).

#50     Apr 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.