The truth about TRADING. Can you handle it?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. everyone should check out mark douglas's books. Very insightful. Changed my trading and way I viewed just about everything.

#31     Jul 25, 2007
  2. I like Steenbarger's new book better, Enhancing..... trader performance...... Douglas is a good place to start though.

#32     Jul 25, 2007
  3. That is our #1 recommended book of all time

#33     Aug 1, 2007
  4. I found this video a complete bullshit, unless you found out about trading yesterday.

#34     Aug 2, 2007
  5. Exactly! (although the profanity wasnt necessary) We know our target audience. Some of the videos that come out you'll be saying 'WELL DUAH" in your head. Today we went short. Alex said "Sell at 13290" 10 minutes later someone said "When wil we short" This user didn't know sell meant short. Its very hard to cater to entry level traders, total newbies and semi-pros. I've had suggestions that we start multiple services and separate them out.

Jim, it seems you may be a good trader and have excelled past our help. So just ignore the videos and move on. For every 'bs' comment I get, I receive tons of private emails and message thanking me. We all must start somewhere. :)

#35     Aug 6, 2007
  6. Were going to give out some free copies of it at the trading expo in Vegas.

#36     Sep 26, 2007
  7. "Theres a new website out, and I think you might be interested in it. They make trading calls, about 4-5 a day, but their track record isn't that good but theres a real good thing...

So they say, trades coming in 5 minutes, were gonna lose 20 points, you should still take the trade but do it with fewer contracts. This way you have a choice of taking the profitable trades, or the losing trades. Isn't that easy?

Now just send me $500 dollars and I'll give you that website, and then i'll give you santa claus' address and the easter bunnies' "

Awesome.

#37     Sep 27, 2007
  8. timbo

timbo

I rather have the youtube version.

#38     Sep 27, 2007
  9. dinoman

dinoman

This video is some what good and total garbage at the same time.
    In my own opinon only one would grasp this as partially good after they have been trading for 5-10 years. It seems more like a propaganda message to me.

Then again it is just my opinion!

I remember getting these same lines when I first started digging for answers on trading. It all ended up being pay me a truck load and I will give you hints to the secret.

Guess what folks the secret relies on price, mentality and experience.

I could go on and on about how it all plays out but will stop here.

:D

#39     Sep 27, 2007
  10. I'll pay $19.95

#40     Oct 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.