The Truth About the Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Hey! I thought you had a conservative conversion experience a few threads ago :D

#31     Mar 23, 2010
  2. Ever see the movie Dr. Zhivago? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059113/

Thus my name. Thus my philosophy.

#32     Mar 23, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Not quite, Barth. I believe that problem is also related, behaviorally, to the "tragedy of the commons".

#33     Mar 23, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Not long ago I made a personal note to see this movie, after a google search for the the "greatest movies of all time". Regrettably, iTunes does not yet offer it.

#34     Mar 23, 2010
  5. Netflicks does. Or if your're able and have enough storage most Bit Torrent sites will serve your needs.

#35     Mar 23, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Netflix requires either home delivery of the media, or some kind of hardware attached to one's PC, is that right?

#36     Mar 23, 2010
  7. Yes...or you can have it on your home A/V system on your network and then order anything you wish from your remote control. Whatever... just see the movie.

#37     Mar 23, 2010
  8. So Barth...any word on that Section 1402 that you were speaking of?

#38     Mar 23, 2010
  9. Well, Doc, no........I read a synopsis from a Bloomberg or IBD article which referenced that Section. I have read through the entire Section 1400 and did not see it. However, there are numerous articles substantiating the increase in taxes for HI people as I have stated in my previous post.

I give you one such link here

http://culberson.house.gov/tax-increases-in-the-senate-health-care-bill/

Edit: I found everything except the Medicare tax bump. which is referenced in multiple articles, so the bill must reference in an un-cypherable way!

#39     Mar 23, 2010
  10. 1) :)re section 1402) Then why the hell did you bring it up if you know no specifics?

2) I reject any link from any congressman from texas. It's like reading a post from aaa. Long on focus group phrases and short on reason.

Try again later.

EDIT: I'm not trying to embarrass you...but you do of course understand the concept of sheltering sufficient income as to be below the levels in which any additional taxes may accrue?

#40     Mar 23, 2010