The Truth About Prop Trading: Join Us or Perish

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marketsurfer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. The markets are not fair. They are a social Darwinist organization. The clever feed off the smart and the smart feed off the stupid.

With that said, why is then that every test I have seen reveals a negative serial correlation, if any, to your inertia claims in the stock index futures?

#31     Feb 14, 2013
  2. cornix

cornix

Simple: they test it wrong. See no problem here, science has been wrong many times and for a prolonged time insisted on wrong views until they fell apart under weight of new facts.

#32     Feb 14, 2013
  3. You created something new? Something outside the realm of common statistical measures? I can't argue with those claims.

#33     Feb 14, 2013
  4. cornix

cornix

I have never tested TA as an outsider. Rather I tested it based on real-time experience, which gave me evidence of what is most likely to provide the best statistical edge. Then I back-tested hypothesis and it showed positive results, then forward-tested with the same outcome.

It's not that difficult to test if you know what to test. Here's the problem with scientists who did the tests as well as the newbies who try TA and fail, concluding it "doesn't work".

They obviously looked at wrong pieces of price action.

#34     Feb 14, 2013
  5. rt454

rt454

Some call it inertia, some call it momentum, some call it volatility. Call it what you want but I agree, there is money to be made there. For me it is in the futures markets, just my preferred posoin. The way I look at it is, you can't predict in any way what the market is going to do but you can make money when it moves.

#35     Feb 14, 2013
  6. cornix

cornix

Ditto to both points! Also prefer futures and yes, no need to predict with certainty, enough to react to moves, which offer good probabilities.

#36     Feb 14, 2013
  7. dude your a clown. i thought you made millions for your investors. getting hard to keep the lies straight. a madoff you will never be.

#37     Feb 28, 2013