The Truth About Prop Trading: Join Us or Perish

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marketsurfer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

Nonsense applied to trading IMO is using tools, which don't work. If TA/chart reading does work for me and many other people, should we stop doing it you say? :D

#21     Feb 14, 2013

2. LOL! anyone want to place bets on the winner?

[​IMG]

VS

The TA Chart Reading Brigade
    [​IMG]

#22     Feb 14, 2013
  3. ammo

ammo

#23     Feb 14, 2013

4. Surf is "in the closet" when it comes to TA. Price Drivers are nothing more than a rudimentary form of TA

[​IMG]

#24     Feb 14, 2013
  5. cornix

cornix

Ahh, not fair argument, Surf. :)

If I say chart reading works it's not the same as to say reading any chart works equally for everyone.

#25     Feb 14, 2013
  6. Ok, fair enough. Let me make a statement to clarify. I believe reading charts while actively trading from them does not increase your win/ loss ratio above 50/50. Therefore, random entries would work the same--- but at the same time, I think it's possible for some people to make some money with random entries and excellent money management skills. Although the time isn't worth the reward in most cases.

In other words, your success is despite the charts, not because of them.

surf

#26     Feb 14, 2013
  7. cornix

cornix

Not to sound arrogant, but Surf, my IQ is 130... of course I tested random entries alongside with real-time chart reading, cause it always got me very interested why chart reading works and if it's reality or delusion. Evidence shows entering with momentum on your side provides clear extra edge vs. random entries and same money management.

One word from physics: inertia.

#27     Feb 14, 2013
  8. ammo

ammo

surf ,do you find out if a client is a bullshit snake oil salesman or bonafied investor before pursuing all of your deals, same as chart reading

#28     Feb 14, 2013
  9. the bullcrap is strong with this thread

#29     Feb 14, 2013
  10. I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks. Surf

#30     Feb 14, 2013