The Truth About Prop Trading: Join Us or Perish

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marketsurfer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

Even if it's chart reading? :p

#11     Feb 13, 2013
  2. smells like bullcrap

no one is forced to trade prop

too many self claimed "professional" trader groups that just "share" ideas

most people I know who share trade ideas are n00bs ~~ pros tend to keep to themselves

#12     Feb 13, 2013
  3. Eyez

Eyez

lol

+infinity

I like how it starts with "the truth about prop trading and prop firms" and ends with "TA doesnt work"

this is the 3rd on going thread against TA by a guy who says he calls price direction in real-time, and then averages losers with no declared stop or profit objective holds for days and claims "It's going down/up price drivers -7/7"

this is idiotic at best and a pathetic attempt to seek attention/ link build using linkedin (cpv/cpc rates and page ranks on search increase when you link to other popular sites, much like the "hacker safe" ) at worst

#13     Feb 13, 2013
  4. An "Informational edge". This I want to see. oh yea, it's subjective. so it's all marketing. this is complete non-sense. This is like showing a chart and google dot com and saying you have an informational edge. lol. amateurish.

"That's how fortunes are made." OK, show us they made fortunes. Really, show us. I want to see this fortune. Yes, I really do. Before I join any joker, I need to see.

I met a guy who said he can show me how to play in the NBA. He said he is the best of the best, and knows how it is done.

his name: blah blah blah

I searched NBA dot com.......nope, he never played ever.

He never played D1 college

He played 1 year High school

now he is mad I called him out.

Or is he mad I am not as dumb as he would like me to be.

So, show us the fortune.

#14     Feb 13, 2013
  5. Eyez

Eyez

The irony of this group is EPIC

#15     Feb 13, 2013
  6. Eyez

Eyez

Information edge huh?

Looks like a triangle breakout there, and whats that I see... support and resistance? wtf?

So the real group of traders are using TA, which you are referring to as information edge?

LOL... you can't make this shit up!!!

http://www.thegoldandoilguy.com/articles/

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

#16     Feb 13, 2013
  7. This is exactly what I mean by nonsense. Cornix means well, but this type of saying is similar to the JH vs the steam engine tales of the late 1800's. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore). I am intrigued as I believed the last vestiges of this type of belief vanished about 3 years ago in the western markets. Now, it's poping up among even the educated in far away places and the south/ Midwest sections of US. Once I determined these folks are not just jerking me around , REDAcTED. Yes, there is geographic tendencies here--- stay tuned for further anthropological research.

#17     Feb 13, 2013
  8. Telling and showing are 2 different things. Evidenced based TA -- read aronsons book isn't what the TA folks ( ndoji,cornex, eyes etc) practice. If it was, they couldn't say the things they do. Just trying to help.

#18     Feb 13, 2013
    #19     Feb 13, 2013
  10. Eyez

Eyez

wait wait wait, this isn't predictive?

#20     Feb 13, 2013