The Truth About Productivity and Employment...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Actually, it's the other way around. Europeans which work hard come here, instead of staying in Europe.

#11     Mar 25, 2010
  2. At every workplace I have been in and around, most workers seem to have an artificial limit in their head in regards to how much work they should do per day. Generally speaking, they are most always unwilling to exceed that limit and, if they do, they become bent out of shape. If they hit that limit at 11am, then they will float for the rest of the day...

Young people, right out of college, seem to be more willing to work and dont seem to have those artificial limits the older workers usually have. This is why college grads are usually in higher demand then their experienced counterparts...

#12     Mar 25, 2010
  3. Really? Like where?

Don't forget that collecting your welfare check is not actual employment.

#13     Mar 25, 2010
  4. that's bull.:p

#14     Mar 25, 2010
  5. Uhm, no it is not. Western Europe has some very cushy regulations for its employees. Particularly France.

#15     Mar 25, 2010
  6. #16     Mar 25, 2010
  7. Ever lived in Europe? Obviously not.

#17     Mar 25, 2010
  8. BVM88

BVM88

That's what I was thinking. And even if he had not, I doubt he would have dealt with any Europeans in business either. The generosity of the European welfare system says plenty to me about Europeans. The most productive people generally speaking are the ones that have the lousiest welfare systems to fall back on - the lack of a government safety net is the greatest incentive to work IMO.

#18     Mar 25, 2010