The Truth About Productivity and Employment...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 25, 2010.

1. The truth is that in 2000&2007 many people did little work and were overpaid at their workplaces. People were underworked& overpaid, companies overstaffed...Now we are just getting back to the point of where people are actually working during the day versus just 2 hours of actual work (and 6 hours of Facebook). The truth is that if everyone worked the full 8 hours while they are at work and placed no artificial limits on their productivity then there would be a lot more unemployed. Right now American workers are working 4 hours a day versus the usual 2 that they worked in 2007.

In foreign countries, everyone works the full day and that is why you see so many illegal aliens working hard. They simply have not caught on to the 2 hour working routine that many Americans had become accustomed. Therefore, unemployment is much greater in other countries. Since everyone works the full day and puts their back into it in places like Spain, unemployment is 20% because they simply only need one person to screw in a lightbulb versus the 4 it takes in the United States.

The bottomline is that if you want a job then be prepared to dance...everyone works in today's age...

2. Now we are just getting back to the point of where people are actually working during the day versus just 2 hours of actual work (and 6 hours of Facebook).
    -------------------

Suppose this is true. Instead of 6 hours of facebook we spend 6 hours filling out forms for the gov't. Yeah baby, we are productive.

3. Ya, the next facebook app will be
    <b>Am I productive or not?!?</b>

4. I guess there might be some exceptions like the job of Air Traffic Controller at JFK...even though I do recall something on the news about their kids fooling around on the microphone.

Whenever I have gone to another country, no matter what job everyone was doing, it was being done with a lot of energy and life. Everyone seemed to know their job and did it. In America, it seems like people are out of gas when they work. They will work from 8am to 10am and then the rest of the day is spent on nonsense like talking to co-workers or fooling around.

5. Now we are just getting back to the point of where people are actually working during the day versus just 2 hours of actual work (and 6 hours of Facebook).
    --------------------------------------

Suppose this number is true, (don't matter) but for the sake of productivity arguement, you know who could prove this out? 2 hours of work, vs 6 hours of wasting time. The IRS.

The IRS could determine from tax returns, business efficiency, then Congress could write regs to force productivity or steal away your leisure time. Just a theory, though.

6. I'm a web application developer. Current gig I work at home. I work 2 hours a day and my productivity is what it is when I put in the full 9-10 hour day at the office. Which is depressing because it tells me that 6 hours of my daily work activity produced dick.

7. They will work from 8am to 10am and then the rest of the day is spent on nonsense like talking to co-workers or fooling around.
    --------------

This is known as a union.

8. Americans are more lazy than Europeans. Working hours is double of Europeans but Productivity is the same. This means Americans get the same job done in double the time. No wonder America is falling apart.

9. Really? Which countries? Mexico? Your average European country? Brazil or Argentina?

Please enlighten us.

10. All that is nonsense.............science fiction.

#10     Mar 25, 2010