The Trump Files

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jul 25, 2016.

1. nitro

nitro

They both made deals, as any rational politician should. They are well aware that progress is made incrementally and not all at once. Call it selling out if you like, but I challenge you, even in the best of times of political climates, to get something for nothing. Let alone in these times.

Imo, a very encouraging aspect is that Clinton, in my opinion, honestly believes the Democratic Party has become more inclusive and more in tune with what is happening on the ground. She has the Bern to thank for that, and she is grateful.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times...

#41     Aug 2, 2016
  2. fhl

fhl

I don't think honesty and Clinton belong in the same sentence. Just my opinion, but i think it's shared by many.

#42     Aug 2, 2016
  3. nitro

nitro

Probably not. But it doesn't matter. EW and Bernie are far too powerful, and any fudging their agreements will fracture the DP as badly in 2020 as the current RP is.

Unlike Trump, Clinton believes she needs a team to make running the most complex economy and foreign policy in the world. EW and Bernie are part of that team.

Don't worry, they are not shy about speaking their mind if five Aces are all of a sudden in the deck.

#43     Aug 2, 2016
  4. Tom B

Tom B

I have to disagree. It is not an opinion, it is a fact. :)

#44     Aug 2, 2016
    fhl likes this.
  5. fhl

fhl

Ok, I won't dispute that there may be many who hold that point of view, but going back to where we started, GS and wall st have a different opinion and they're putting their support and money on Clinton. They don't seem to think she'll strip them of their privileges.

#45     Aug 2, 2016
  6. nitro

nitro

We'll see. Only death and taxes...

I think even Wall Street might be onboard with downsizing.

#46     Aug 2, 2016
    Ricter likes this.
  7. Listening to Trump speak now, live. The man is insane.

#47     Aug 2, 2016
  8. fhl

fhl

I'm pretty sure GS was ok with letting Bear and Lehman go under, too. Just as long as GS is bailed out.

#48     Aug 2, 2016

9. They want her elected because economic experts say a Trump prez would be a disaster for the markets and the economy.

The smart people of both parties recognize how bad Trump is.

#49     Aug 2, 2016
  10. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2