The Trump Files

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jul 25, 2016.

1. I don't get the releasing the Wall St speeches thing. She is under no obligation to release them and it cannot possibly help her and besides, what could she possibly have said? They all do these things to fund raise and I'm sure promise them the moon.

This is her last hurrah. She need not feel beholden to any lobby interests anymore.

For sure, she is more likely to regulate Wall St than Trump is.

#31     Aug 2, 2016
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I think people should ask GS for them, and I don't think there is anything unusual about a company owning the content of a presentation that they paid for.

#32     Aug 2, 2016
  3. nitro

nitro

Agreed - what could she possibly have said? Bernie suggested the same - if they are worth $250,000 each, maybe the whole country could benefit from such wisdom. So why not just release them since there is nothing to see there, and then the imagining will stop.

As to being under obligation or not, transparency goes a long way to gaining trust from people, especially when you go the extra mile. Since she is highly distrusted by many, especially the one demographic she can't seem to make any inroads into, white middle class men, releasing those transcripts can help win them over.

Throw them a bone. Something - anything.

#33     Aug 2, 2016
  4. nitro

nitro

Well, she has been asked more times than I count to release them, why is that not part of her response? Show me one place where she has said that, the reason she can't release them is because of IP legal reasons, with absolute certainty.

Occams' Razor

#34     Aug 2, 2016
  5. fhl

fhl

I suppose that's why they're bound and determined to get her elected.

smh

#35     Aug 2, 2016
  6. nitro

nitro

I got news for you. If Elizabeth Warren has endorsed Clinton, through negotiation behind closed doors, and then Clinton is even a little out of line in this respect and goes back on whatever their agreement is, EW will torch her. If EW is on the wagon with Clinton on WS, then I am more or less comfortable with the agreement. Same goes with Bernie.

Don't fuck with EW.

#37     Aug 2, 2016
    futurecurrents likes this.
  7. fhl

fhl

You mean like feelthebern did?

#38     Aug 2, 2016
  8. nitro

nitro

I don't follow.

#39     Aug 2, 2016
  9. fhl