The Trump Files

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jul 25, 2016.

1. nitro

nitro

conduit likes this.
  2. nitro

nitro

Trump doesn't like the debate dates. Seeing that many men watch NFL, it would be to Trumps disadvantage to have them against the NFL

3. nitro

nitro

Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP, will vote for Clinton if Florida close

"As much as I don't want another four years of (President Barack) Obama's policies, I can't look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for Donald Trump. I can't tell them to love their neighbor and treat others the way they wanted to be treated, and then vote for Donald Trump. I won't do it."..

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/sally-bradshaw-jeb-bush-donald-trump-florida/index.html

futurecurrents likes this.
  4. a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot

I have a close friend who is a Psychiatrist and he says he has absolutely no doubt that Trump suffers from a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

futurecurrents likes this.
  5. nitro

nitro

Yeah but I find these sort of analysis really simplistic. I can't tell you how many times "professional psychologists" throw around "passive aggressive" personality disorder.

Please.

6. He must be quite a psychiatrist to be able to definitively diagnose a person he has never met or even talked to.

I wonder how he would characterize a person whose 40 years in public life have been characterized by endless corruption, scandals and brazen lying? Perhaps a sociopath?

Which would make a better president, a narcissist or a sociopath?

At least we have had the experience of eight years of a narcissist and have survived it, more or less. It is tiring to have to listen to him complain endlessly about how we so disappoint him, but whatever. He'll be gone soon enough.

7. Note that I said Narcissistic Personality Disorder....not simple Narcissism.

We all exhibit a certain amount of Narcissism. When it progresses to a personality disorder you are not in control. You act in ways that are against your own self interest out of compulsion.

Trump has A deeply ingrained, inflexible pattern of relating, perceiving, and thinking that causes him to act against his own self interest when ever his narcissistic self view is challenged.

This campaign has revealed that in spades.

In a like manner we all exhibit passive aggressive behavior on occasion, but when it becomes a defining pattern of opposition in your personality you have a problem.

e.g. a policeman stops you and asks for your driver's license. We all dislike the authoritative intrusion.... but someone with a passive/aggressive personality disorder crosses his arms and refuses...getting himself locked up.

:)

Ricter and futurecurrents like this.
  8. When they are lying dead in the street from some muslim terrorist attack or killed by an illegal alien, they might have preferred that you were a bit less of a moral narcissist.

9. Very enlightening. And the Clintons? Are they normal? How do you describe a woman who would lie to the mother of a dead SEAL and tell her an internet video was responsible? What kind of sick mind would be required to pull that off? Then lie about it?

Tom B and achilles28 like this.
  10. I think he would diagnose a 'Politician'. You see that is exactly the problem. Trump is a pathologic narcissist and is not at all a politician. If he were a politician he would be 'politic' and stop putting his big foot in his big mouth.

#10     Aug 1, 2016